CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Another Day Gone

Today was a pretty good day. I did my walk with Leslie and managed to log 16 minutes of the one mile walk in aerobic steps. The video is 19 minutes so I felt pretty darn good about that!

I decided to do an exercise on my fitness ball that I saw on a website today. You lay across the ball and roll forward as far as you're comfortable and then roll back to where you started. They called it ball walking and said it worked the arms and shoulders. I did okay the first few times. By the time I started to roll forward for the fifth time, I felt like my legs were too far apart. In trying to get them back together, I managed to slide off the ball onto Tim's feet and legs. It was quite a scene. Neither of us was hurt, but it was funny! I didn't feel like trying it anymore today. I'll give it another go, maybe tomorrow.

Had a good day with eating. Made French toast for breakfast, this time with Weight Watchers bread instead of an English muffin. It was really good and I'll probably have that again tomorrow. I haven't been very creative with breakfast lately. Then again, I've been out of most of the things I need to make the dishes I bake. Hopefully, we'll get a check and go to the store tomorrow.

Applied for some jobs in hospitals in Florida. It is rapidly becoming apparent that I'm not going to find a job near where we live now. Tim hates the cold and would like to go back to Florida. For once, I'm agreeing with him. I emailed a former supervisor at the hospital and she sent me a link to a posting by the corporation that runs the hospital. They had four positions open in hospitals in the area, including two at the hospital I was at before. I applied online and we'll see what happens. I honestly don't know what else to do.

Yeah, we worry about the hurricanes. We have considered Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona as possible places, but we're familiar with Florida and the area. I really wish I could win the $145 million Mega Million and not have to worry about it. *sigh* To win, one would have to actually buy a ticket and I don't, so ...

12 comments:

Shirley said...

Good luck on your job search! I know what you mean about wanting to go someplace warm! We're hoping to get something going in Las Vegas later this year (anything!) just so we never have to shovel snow again!

And if I win the big PowerBall, you're definitely on my list of people to share it with!

Karon said...

Ah, you're a sweetheart!

heavenlydm said...

God's provision is somewhere out there for you. I'm excited to hear how things work out.

Karon, that ball thing was a hoot. I've been through several ball adventures that ended in laughter also. I guess that's the other part of the workout they don't tell you about.

Ehm Samir said...

Good morning Karon!

It's only 6 am here in California....you girls back East have already enjoyed a good part of your day!

I'm going back to bed :>

Have a great day!!!

Ann

Ehm Samir said...

Me again,

Didn't get back to bed, the baby woke up a few minutes after I posted.

A question for you Karon.....did you ever consider surgery or weight loss pills? My friend was saying that she wants to try pills to lose the weight. I wonder what your thoughts on these "alternatives" are.....I personally am wary of both.

Thanks!
Ann

Lisa said...

Another ball fiasco for you. You're going to end up laughing off all of your weight if you keep it up:) I like the new picture too. Looking good!

Karon said...

Diane...I do find my little escapades on the ball entertaining. I just hope I eventually figure it out and manage to actually do a workout on it. It is a lot of fun!

Anne...I did consider surgery once. I'm sure I would have passed the medical qualifications (I mean I was at least 325 pounds overweight) but I decided against it. I think the risks outweigh (no pun intended) the pros. I don't think surgery is a healthy way to lose weight. I believe in my heart that I have to address why I got fat or I'll just get fat all over again. I'd probably be blasted by those who are pro-surgery, but I think my weight loss is going to mean a lot more to me when I get where I want to be. I can proudly proclaim (and believe me, I will) I did it on my own with no help from pills or surgery. I am learning how to eat so I can live a healthy life for the rest of my life. I didn't want to go out to eat and only be able to have a bite of this and a bite of that. I want to enjoy my food, taste my food in it's natural state, not blended and pureed.

I don't like to take prescribed medications, I'm darn sure not going to take diet pills. They really don't work anyway and I sincerely doubt many of them are healthy. Those are my thoughts on the two subjects.

Jeanne...How sweet of you, too! Gosh, I have been so blessed with the friends I've made on this journey. I'm crossing my fingers for all of us to get a little piece of the pie.

Lisa...Thanks for noticing the new photo. It seems a little blurred to me. I took it with my webcam. I may do another with my digital camera and see how that goes. It took me forever to figure out to make the new picture show on my blog, I had to republish. I kept changing it in my profile but it stayed the same on my blog. Finally, I figured it out late last night!

Jamie said...

Hi Karon....Good luck with the job hunting....things will work out. Glad to see that you are still working that ball!! Your new picture looks really good. I can't post mine for some reason, keeps telling me that the URL is broken, although my NS profile accepted it! Computers are not my 'thing'! Have a great day!!

Valerie said...

Have you tried doing "supermans" on the ball? The ball at the gym at work is too big for me to do them so I have to do them on the small one I have at home. I really only use it for that and sit-ups.

Karon said...

Jamie...Thanks! I think you're the first one to comment on the new picture. It seems a little blurred to me (took it with my webcam) and I'll probably replace it with another soon taken with my digital camera for better quality. I posted a suggestion on your blog about your photo. Hope it helps!

Valerie...I don't know what 'supermans' are on the ball, so I guess I have to say nope, I haven't tried them. If they're what I think they are (balancing with arms outstretched and legs together) I don't know if I'm ready for that yet. LOL I still haven't watched the DVD that came with it. I'll get around to it. For now, I'm enjoying the walking.

Caré said...

I'm rolling (pun intended) at the ball adventure! I'm also laughing about the lottery comment, because we do the exact same thing!

Good luck with the job search!

With friendship,

Care'

Missy said...

I love my Leslie 1 and 2 Mile Walk Diet. Of course, I'm still in "Not allowed to exercise mode!" So I really miss it and will probably have to start all over again when I'm allowed to do it again! The ball sounds like fun, but not something to try when I am the only one home!

I will be praying that you find the job that is right for you and your family!

Liketoride