CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 13, 2006

Happy Birthday & My Weigh-In

One year ago today, my granddaugter Cecilia Michelle made her grand entrance into the world. I was there and watched as it all happened. I snapped the very first photo ever taken of her. She has grown into a beautiful little girl with sparkling eyes and a quick mind. This is a picture of the birthday girl at her party before the festivities began.






And this is a photo of her after she did damage to her birthday cake. She sure had a lot of fun!



Now that I've taken care of that ... I did weigh in this morning and it was just as I expected. My official weigh-in shows me still at 411 pounds. I had gone up and down all week so staying the same works but I really want to see the scale going down and staying down this week. I'm doing all I can to get that to happen.

I have to share a discovery I made yesterday evening. I glance at my pedometer throughout the day to see how many steps I've taken, but I rarely look at the other info until I'm logging stuff for my own personal reasons in the evening. Last night, as we ate dinner, for some reason I clicked over and my jaw about hit the table. I had logged 17 minutes of aerobic steps yesterday. They had to be logged while walking with Leslie and I didn't do any other real intense walking. Woo hoo!

I walked with Leslie again this morning and logged 12 minutes with aerobic steps. I am amazed that I'm logging aerobic steps at all. I know each time I do the video I'm trying to push myself to stay on my feet longer. The real problem is in how heavy the lymphedema gets and if it gets in my way and slows me down. I realized yesterday that as it swells, it pulls on my outer thigh, which is what is causing the pain in that leg. Nothing I can do about it, so I'll just keep pushing through it and hope one day that it stops.

I also decided to just lay on my stomach on that new fitness ball to see how it feels. Then I rolled forward in an attempt to do a push-up I had seen pictured in the book. OMG! I almost smacked my forehead on the floor. Tim was watching me and started to laugh. I tried to roll backwards and couldn't get my arms to push. By now, I'm laughing which certainly didn't help any! We both got to laughing and I like to never get back to my starting position. I thought for sure I was going to roll right off that ball. I haven't laughed so hard at myself in a long time. I think I'm going to enjoy that ball once I learn how to use it properly!

That's my day. Went to Ceci's birthday party. It was at a Mexican restaurant. I had chicken fajitas with a salad. I also had a small piece of cake and two scoops of sugar free ice cream. It put me over my calories for the day but I'm confident I can lose weight this week. I want to be back where I was two weeks ago before the gain and then continue on downward. I know this is a temporary stall. I am going to get things going again!

Whew! Time for bed.

11 comments:

Valerie said...

It sounds like a great day! You're working so hard that I know a small celebration for Ceci's birthday won't get in your way. You're doing an amazing job with Leslie.

Shirley said...

Sounds like great fun!

Anonymous said...

such a cutie! Keep up the work with Leslie! You are doing GREAT!

Missy said...

Karon,
She is so pretty! What fun! You did a great job of enjoying and participating in the festivities without going overboard!
My mom just got an exercise ball. I haven't seen it yet, but I think I'll check it out soon. (She has always worked at watching her weight and staying healthy! She is quite spry for 73.) I haven't been allowed to do my new Gazelle due to my pneumonia. The doctor said that exercising is pushing too much air through my already overtaxed bronchial tubes. He said I could possibly start on Presidents' Day, but gently. I have been faithful to my eating plan and I have LOST 100 POUNDS NOW! Hurray! Thank you for your continued encouragement!

Missy
(Liketoride)
365/265/115

Karon said...

Jeanne...Thank you! It is nice to have her come and visit and then send her home at the end of the day.

Valerie...Thanks for the encouragement.

Suzi...It was fun!

Michelle...Thank you! I can't believe I don't mind doing that video every day.

Missy...YAHOO! 100 pounds gone now. Isn't it exciting to hit that number? I was so thrilled when I got to that milestone.

I haven't really tried with the ball yet. I hope to watch the DVD that came with it later today. It really does seem big! And wow, you mom uses one at age 73? I am amazed! Good for her.

Lisa said...

What a little angel CeCe is! She's just adorable. Good job enjoying her birthday and not going overboard. You are doing fantastic. I admit that I had to giggle a little at the mental image I had of you on the exercise ball:) That's one reason I don't use one in front of my family. I'd be laughing too hard to do any of the exercises. LOL

Nora said...

Good Grief, you are a brave woman! I'm not sure I could brave the ball!!!

Have you tried wrapping your leg with an elastic bandage while you are walking? Do you think it might help???

Jamie said...

OOhh Karon, you are too funny!! Laughing at yourself is good! but really what else could you do upside down on an exercise ball??? :) Thanks for the laugh!!

Your grandaughter is gorgeous.....those eyes!! She really dug in to her cake, that is great! I had one child that barely poked at it with her fingertip and said "ewwww".. boy were those exciting pics!!

Good luck this week.

Paul said...

OK I am waiting for the pictures of Ceci on grandma's exercise ball ;-)

Karon said...

Lisa...Thank you for your comments about Ceci. I think she's adorable, but then I am her Grandma!

I don't want to use the ball without someone in the room with me. I'm afraid I might fall off and hurt myself. At least with Tim there, after he's done laughing, he can roll me over and help me up! :D

Nora...I haven't done more than lay across the ball that one time. I'm still afraid that the darn thing will pop under my 400 plus pounds! Kind of hard to work out on something you're afraid will explode at any moment.

I haven't wrapped my leg but do know that some say wrapping would help. I have a doctor appointment next week and am going to ask about going to a physical therapist to learn how to wrap it properly. I'm told that is who to ask. I'm also going to ask about the possibility of ordering a custom made pressure bandage for it.

Jamie...I have an entire book of things to do upside down on that darn ball. I honestly can't wait to try some of them out. The ball I have doesn't have a weight limit on it but I know some say they will support up to 800 lbs. I can't even imagine!

Ceci loved playing in the cake. She was too cute with her hand caked in that stuff. All I could think of was the calories in that frosting!

Paul...You just never know what might show up here. You'll have to wait a little while at the very least! ;-)

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Viagra pfizer pill shops trademark attorney small tits Delmar dentist 97 tl floor mats saunas inexpensive large area rugs Internet black jack sites internet advertising vw