Because I am really at a loss today I have completed yet another blog quiz. I seem to be in a food funk so here you go.
| You Are Italian Food |
![]() Comforting yet overwhelming. People love you, but sometimes you're just too much. |
I don't know how true it is but who doesn't love Italian food?
Well, dang! I post this and then check it out and see the date glaring at me and I am reminded. It was exactly one year ago today that I started my weight loss journey. Along the way, I've taken back the ability to do so many things I couldn't do before. I've made many new friends and a handful or so of really close friendships that go beyond just losing weight with them as my support frame. I look forward to the rest of this year and know that whatever it brings, I'm already so blessed and humbled by my experiences to date.


8 comments:
Karon,
I have just been catching up on your journal, and wanted to say how very proud of you I am!!! You are keeping your word to exercise, and meeting your goals.
And getting up off the floor with out help?? WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
You are so amazing and have come such a long way!! I am so blessed to have met you!!
Jodi
P.S.
I am a glazed donut and Italian food!!! =}
Jodi
Hi Karon!
I'll miss you too while I'm gone...I'm sure you're going to make huge strides with your goals while I'm gone, I hope I'll do the same. Last time I visited hubby's family I put on a lot of weight....all we did was eat, and that's not an exageration!
Do you mind if I ask you what exactly made you decide to start your journey on 2/2/05? Was there a moment where you just said enough is enough, or did you have something happen?
I think I've found out what causes my itching/rash....being out in the yard. This really stinks because my newest pasttime is gardening. I've planted bulbs everywhere and am anxiously watching them start to come out of the earth. Nothing more awe inspiring than watching God's creations go from a seed to it's full splendor. I feel the same way about my kids but flowers provide more of an instant gratification, if you know what I mean. Do you have a favorite flower?
I really love them all except for gladiolas....and the only reason I don't like them is because they bring back vivid memories of my grandpa's funeral....way back in '91. That poem you have on your inspiration page....that one gets me, literally knocks the breath out of me.....because it really hits home. I didn't even realize I still have a very sore spot in my heart where my loss of my grandpa is concerned....until I read that poem.
Good golly, I could just go on writing forever....but I really did stay up tonight after everyone went to bed to finish up my income taxes, so I should get to that.
You'll probably get this tomorrow morning so have a great day and don't let that stupid scale get you down....it's just a number.
Talk to you soon!
Ann
PS. I know how you feel when the days seem to go by without much going on, but I always wish I had those kind of days to spare when I have TOO much going on. Try to use the time to do something that YOU want to do, that you normally don't have time for.
And one last thing, I swear, I hate to exercise too, but we both know that our depression lifts and we feel a lot better if we can just push ourselves a little to make the effort. Maybe a bit of walking would help clear up that water retention in your leg? I didn't get my long walk in today as I'd hoped but I did get a lot of walking in at Costco and the grocery store. Maybe tomorrow will find me at the park???
Happy One Year Anniversary Karon! Keep up the great work.
Paul L
Jodi...Thanks for stopping in and catching up. I did keep my vow to move every day in January. Then February started (yes I know it's only the 3rd) and I can't motivate myself. I will definitely start moving again no later than Sunday. Anyone who knows me, knows I don't generally wait until tomorrow to start something, but I am going to wait until Sunday about this.
Glazed donut and Italian food, huh. I knew I loved you, girl!
Ann...I think I just finally realized it was time to take care of me. I had taken care of my girls and the hubby and just let myself go. Not being able to put on my own socks and shoes just about killed me. Then I found out my oldest daughter was going to have a baby and I knew I wouldn't be able to do the things with her that her other Grandma could and that made me more determined. I actually started watching what I ate in January '05 but didn't start the NS program until February because that was the soonest I could afford the food.
My favorite flower is the purple iris. Sorry to hear about the allergy, but maybe your allergic to chemicals and not gardening. Explore it and see if you can come to some kind of compromise. I know what you mean about watching the flowers grow and gratification.
Have a great day!
Paul...Thanks! Onward I trudge.
Congrats on your one year anniversary! You've done an awesome job! Keep up the good work!
Best regards from NY! farmers insurance carol petty Spam filter server free funny toon porn movies automotivelexus car covers hewlett packard plotter pens update credit report employment information Exe stationery Kenmore refrigerator wiring schematics Grill san francisco ca Canada celexa discount Prozac et zoloft Graviola and cancer camping northeast kingdom
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »
Post a Comment