
Went to the pharmacy to pick up Tim's meds yesterday evening and had a shock. Usually his meds run us less than $15 per month thanks to a plan that provides a big discount since he's disabled. The gal at the pharmacy says "That will be $65." Tim went into shock. I told her that couldn't be right and asked her to check the meds. We suspected he was charged incorrectly for his insulin. Sure enough, they had charged too much. She came back and said we now owed $38. That was still way too much. I told Tim to let her give us the meds and I'd pull up (we were in a drive up pharmacy) and see what happened.
They had charged him full price for one of his meds. We had this same problem at a different pharmacy in town and that's why we changed to the one we're at currently. Tim went in and explained that the pharmacy needed to call the insurance help line to get an over-ride and we have been thru this every month. They refused to call. Tim made them give him a refund and told them to keep the darn medication. That was a bad thing because it is a med he really needs. We got home and tried to call the insurance ourselves, but they had closed for the nite.
So I call the insurance company today and they told me the pharmacy has to call for an over-ride. I asked what to do if they still refuse and they had no answer. I called the pharmacy and asked to speak with a manager. Ended up he had no clue what I was talking about but gave me to 'one of the girls' to figure it all out. During that conversation, I hear tones like someone dialing and I say "Hello. I'm on the phone." No one in our home is on another phone. Then I hear a three party conversation related to sex and the pharmacy gal still in the background. I repeated "Hello" several times but no one responded. I ended up hanging up and calling the pharmacy again. ::sigh:: I asked for the gal who was helping me and we had an 'eeeewwww' moment talking about what happened. She was eventually able to get the medication approved with the over-ride Tim had told them they'd need in the first place! She did state she noted in his account that they would have to call every month for the over-ride so I hope we don't have to go thru this again next month. If they would have just listened to Tim in the first place!
So that pretty much sums up the kind of day I've had. No real walking today. I'm still pretty sore from Sunday. But it's supposed to be 51ish in the morning so I plan to get up and go in the morning. I'll leash up the dog and take her with me for extra amusement. I know I can do it because I did it already. It has to get easier, right?
Tuesday, August 23, 2005
The Run Around
Posted by Karon at 8/23/2005 09:25:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment