CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Time to Commit

Okay ... I've tried to do this in the past, but never managed to fully commit. I am committing to walking every day. My sister lives nearby but far enough away to make the walk a challenge. I talked with her today and she's off work due to some post mastectomy surgery. I am going to call her each morning. She will walk over to my house and we will walk to her house together. I will sit and rest and then we will walk back. She made the offer and I don't think I'll do it by myself so ... I am going to give this a shot. I know I can do it. I will start this tomorrow track my progress here. She also has several pedometers and is going to give me one. I'm going to challenge myself every day to take a few more steps. Hopefully she found one of those pedometers today as I'd like to start that tomorrow as well.

Am I biting off more than I can chew and swallow? Should I just commit to the pedometer challenge and then add the walk in a week or so? I just don't know but will do what I can. I have to get this big body moving!

2 comments:

Karon said...

Thanks for the feedback, Paul. I really appreciate it. I realize that my steps are going to be really low when I start but I am also committed to doing a few more each day or each week. Slow and steady will get me where I need to be.

jacko492 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.