CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Today


I'm posting early because I'm excited ....

When I got up this morning, it was only 51 degrees outside so I decided to go for my walk. I leashed Fancy Pants (our four year old Pomeranian) and off we went. I decided the walk to my sister's was kind of far (though I made it on Sunday) so made the decision to walk around our block. At least I knew when I got back I could perch on the edge of a patio chair. (One day I'm gonna fit in that sucker!)

I made it all the way around the block without stopping. My legs were feeling heavy but I wasn't exhausted like I was when I walked before. Maybe this walk was a good thing. Then I worry it wasn't challenging enough. But ... the walk to my sister's took me 20 minutes one way. The walk this morning took me 15. So I figure I can do one of two things. Walk around the block twice at one go or do the walk two times per day. I'm not sure which would be best. Most of the reading I've done seems to indicate when starting out walking even just 10 minutes per day is beneficial to weight loss. This morning I only did one round but I'm thinking I'll take the dog and go again this evening, as it cools off again. That way I'm breaking it up a bit.

Fancy seemed to enjoy the walk. Sniffing every yard got old, but she only stopped to take care of business once. She kept far enough ahead of me that by the time I caught up to her she was done sniffing and had moved on. I'm proud of her and I'm proud of myself too. I may be 30 weeks into my program but I'm moving finally. Already this week I've walked 75 minutes.

Oh, and I've managed to stay off the scale the past two days. Gonna do my best to make it to Sunday before I step on that sucker again!