CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 19, 2005

An Uneventful Day

Today has pretty much passed without much happening. I went to bed a little later than usual last night so slept in until 8:00 AM which is very unusual for me. I then came online and managed to lose track of time for a while only realizing how late it was when I remembered to wake Tim. It was 10:30. How in the world does he manage to sleep so long?

I had to take my daughter's boyfriend to get a battery for his car. I also ran him to work. Tim was having a pity party kind of day, so I opted to eat a 4 oz turkey burger at the restaurant where my daughter and her boyfriend both work. I had a nice salad with fat free dressing to go along with it and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. It was a nice lunch and a nice change from what I've been eating lately ... NS meals. I had a glass of water with lemon to drink. I think I did pretty good.

Back home and my brother and his wife came by. She wanted to download and burn some songs. She doesn't do it from home because she has dial-up and I now have DSL so it goes much quicker here. They were here about two hours.

Dinner was a large salad with chicken on top and a diet soda. I have 32 oz of water to finish and I'll have had my 128 oz for the day. I'll try to get an extra glass in because of the diet soda (which I don't count as water). The only thing I count as water is water. Throughout the day, I did get all the NS required foods in. I think I did pretty well.

All in all, the day has just been so-so. I am really working on not letting others affect my moods. Sometimes it's a struggle but most days I do well. Today was a struggle with Tim in a mood and then my daughter came home from work in a mood. I have managed to avoid both of them and ignore the negativity. Tomorrow is another day.

2 comments:

Monica said...

Hi Karon,

Sorry your day was a ho-hum sort of day but, sometimes that's better than lots of drama! (If you know what I mean.) I bet tomorrow makes up for it... expect wonderful things to happen...

Take care,
~^..^~

Karon said...

Thanks Monica and Paul!

I did my entry today (Saturday) a little later than usual. Almost didn't do one yesterday since it was such a blah day and I added a lot of stuff under my Inspiration link.

Paul, I did notice you titled your day today the same as mine yesterday. I had a chuckle over that, too!

Thanks for the praise about the meal out. I tend to make pretty good choices when I eat out but it's nice to have that reinforcing feedback.