CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Weigh in and Yesterday

Okay ... I took a deep breath and stepped on the scale this morning ... no change. I am once again stuck. This seems to happen about every other month now. I think I know the culprit and it comes down to being female but dang it all! It gets so annoying and frustrating. I'll continue plugging away, though. I've come too far to stop now.

Now about yesterday ... went to a family reunion. I thought I had it all planned. I took a cabbage roll casserole that was NS okay. I mean it had ground turkey, brown rice, cabbage, and no salt tomatoes in it. I made it before so I knew what a serving looked like. I also took a sugar-free/fat-free pie. If I had stuck to the casserole and the pie, I probably would have been alright. But I tried three kinds of pasta dishes (with spaghetti sauce and meat in them), some chicken and noodles, bbq meatballs, and some okra. I did not take but a spoon of each but it was obviously too much!

About an hour after we got home, I started to feel sick. My tummy hurt and I just felt 'blah'. So I laid down for a little bit. Woke up three and a half hours later, not really feeling much better. And when I woke up I was disoriented. I thought it was the middle of the night (it was pitch black outside) and asked my hubby why we wore our clothes to bed. He got a good laugh out of it, but dang, I was out of it!

I feel better today and back on program. I thought I had planned well, but I was hoping for more veggie dishes at the reunion. We had a very small turnout and food choices were worse than I had imagined. I'm not going to beat myself up over it but I do feel a little disappointed in myself. I let myself down by not sticking to my plan. I hope to do better next time.

Also, I was hoping with the walking I started last week, my loss would be a good one. I wonder now if it will show up next week instead? I guess time will tell. I'll be back to walking again this evening and will stay on program this week. I will drink my water. I can do this!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »