CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

A good day

Spoke to Tim's health insurance today and she said that his A1C is FANTASTIC at 5.5. She said that is what a person without diabetes would likely register so he is doing something right! Woo hoo! It's only taken him 18 years to get his act together!

They are now in the process of finding us a retinal specialist. He has detached retinas in both eyes and it needs to be taken care of. Unfortunately, there is only one specialist in our area and he is the one doctor that Tim refuses to go to. He did a laser surgery on Tim's left eye a few years back and it totally ruined Tim's vision. He had other surgeries before that one and after that one, with no problems. I understand but if he doesn't get this detached retina repaired, he will go blind. That is a fact. The insurance company is working with his primary care physician to find another specialist but we may have to travel to Chicago or St. Louis. Tim doesn't care as long as he doesn't have to go that one doctor.

Now ... enough about Tim ... I've had a pretty good week so far. Rain thwarted my walking for a couple days but I did some at the grocery store. This morning I was able to be back at my usual walking and it felt good. I am drinking all my water and eating on program. Today I made a pot of vegetable beef soup in my crockpot. It smells heavenly and I can't wait to have some later. Lots of veggies and just enough beef to season. Mmmmm ....

0 comments: