August was a disappointing month for me in the weight loss department, but after that awesome loss in July, I guess I kind of expected it. Now that my body has had time to rest I am continuing onward and downward. Time for me to step it up a notch. I'll be doing the next two weeks totally on NS foods and the NS program. Then I will evaluate and make sure I'm ready to be off the entrees but still sticking to the program. I think I may have been eating too many calories when off the NS entrees so I'm working on recipes and such to make sure I'm back in line when the time comes.
I am still walking. I take the dog and go every day as soon as I get up. I figure I may as well get it in early and at least it's not too hot. I don't seem to be quite as out of breath as I had been when I started but still not comfortable with the walking. I did up the time to 15 minutes per day this week and Tim and I may even head out to the mall a couple times this week just to get out of the house and walk. Anything to get me moving and keep me moving!
Tim (the hubby) commented yesterday at the grocery store that I seemed to be doing better. I still rely on that electric cart for part of the trip but at the end I stand up for about 10-15 minutes as I box all the groceries and load them back into the cart. He put his hand on my back as we left the store yesterday to ask if I was okay and said "Hey, you aren't all wet with sweat!" A funny comment, and one I considered to be a bit of an NSV because usually by then the perspiration is pouring off. He put the boxes of groceries in the truck and told me to get in and he'd return the cart. It wasn't a huge walk, but a good distance and I surprised him by saying "No, you get in and start the truck. I'll return the cart!" That was a first from me.
All in all, I'm pretty pleased with my progress. I wish I had lost more weight like some of my friends I've made when I started but I have to realize that there are just too many factors in losing weight for any of us to compare. I am me and I'll lose at the rate that my body is comfortable with. At least I'm not gaining weight and maintaining what I've lost so it's all going to come out where I want in the end!
Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Reflections and moving on
Posted by Karon at 9/06/2005 10:29:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for bringing a smile to my face tonight, Paul. I really needed that! I sure do intend to do everything I can to be back at losing this month.
This is very interesting site... »
Post a Comment