CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 26, 2005

Happy Monday

It's still raining here in Illinois so no walk for Fancy and I. I can't tell you how disappointed I've been in not being able to walk. Guess I came to actually look forward to it. Not that I am enjoying it, not yet, but it was a part of my routine. Gosh I hate change!

Had a great NS breakfast this morning ... Southwestern scrambled burritoes... made with NS eggs with peppers and mushrooms (NS entree) ... 2 veggie sausage links (protein serving) ... 1/2 cup no sugar natural applesauce (fruit) ... and two low fat whole grain tortilla (extra carb for 100+ pounds to lose). The tortillas are 50 calories with less than 2 grams of fat each so used two as my carb serving. I cooked the eggs and the links. Chopped the links up and stirred them into the eggs. Spread a little bit of salsa on the tortillas, divided the eggs between the two tortillas and rolled them up. They were very Yummy! I also had one 32 ounce glass of water with my food.

After breakfast, I put in my other exercise video. I managed to do the first ten minutes standing up and on my feet doing all the movements. Then my legs felt weak so I sat down and for the next ten minutes did the arm movements. Woo boy! They were burning and after moving them for 20 minutes pretty much non-stop and piled on top of the Richard video yesterday, I had to quit. It's okay ... I did 20 minutes! And I know in time I'll build up to doing the whole video. As I sat and watched a little more (I think in total with warm-up, work-out, and cool down the tape is almost 60 minutes of moving) I remember just why I liked this particular work-out tape. The transitions from one exercise to the next is smooth and she gives you cues that the movements are going to change unlike Richard who just changes and then tells you!

The important thing is I'm moving and I'm also getting some strength training in. Woo hoo! Who'd have though? Surely not me!

I eat my snack mid-morning because I get hungry between breakfast and lunch instead of between lunch and dinner. For my snack today I had 1 ounce of low-fat string cheese (dairy) and 1/2 cup carb clever fruit cocktail sweetened with Splenda. Finished my second 32 ounce glass of water just before lunch and refilled the cup.

I also had the munchies before lunch, so had a bag of NS White Cheddar soy chips. I don't particularly care for them but I wanted something and they were 'legal' so I figured they'd work. They at least gave me something crunchy to munch on.

For lunch I had the NS black beans and rice (NS entree), an ounce of chicken (protein), 5 oz can of low sodium V-8 (salad), and no carbohydrate (extra for 100+). I stirred the chicken into the rice and beans and it was good. I felt very full afterwards. Still working on my third 32 ounce glass of water. I'm still not sure if I should try to back off the water a bit or drink what has been my minimum since I started NS of four 32 ounce glasses. I am so torn. The main problem is I really like water and don't feel I'm pushing to get all the water in. Anyone out there care to share your thoughts on this?

For dinner I will be having the green pepper steak with rice (NS entree), 1/2 cup natural applesauce (fruit), 1 cup of green peppers, mushroom, and onions (2 vegetables), cooked in a tsp of canola oil (fat), and 1/3 cup of brown rice (extra carb for 100+). I will probably finish my third glass of water just before or with dinner and may have 12 ounces of caffeine free diet Pepsi with dinner.

So that's my day! I'm going to try to share my meals here for a while and appreciate any feedback y'all want to give. I have to get back to losing and will hold myself accountable here for now.

10 comments:

Lisa said...

I thought since you've been faithfully reading my blog that I'd best be checking out yours in return. I like that you've listed all that you are eating. Basically because it will give me some ideas of what to have myself:) You're doing so good. I'm using you as inspiration to get myself back on track. Hope that is ok. Keep up the good work, Karon! You can do it!

Karon said...

Thanks, Lisa! You feel free to use any info you find here in whatever way works for you. Posting what I'm eating is new for me. And I do a lot of foods on my own from time to time. Glad you stopped in. Come back anytime!

Karon said...

And Paul, my friend, you may be relatively new but any input you have is always welcome. You've been doing the program long enough to know if I'm way off base.

Anonymous said...

woohoo weigh to go on the exercise.....

Have you asked anyone about how much water you should be drinking? Are outputting as much as inputting :) ?

My grandmother was drinking too much water ..it was washing away her body of needed nutrients.

of course I struggle to get in 8 glasses a day....

You are doing so great on the exercise!!

I love your profile's new picture of you and your granddaughter. She sure is a cutie! Takes after her Grandmother.

Anonymous said...

Karon my friend! way to go on the exercise! I better start following your lead! I am so proud of you!

Karon said...

Whomever posted anonymously ... thanks for the comments about my granddaughter. She is the light of my life right now and one of the reasons I knew I had to get this weight off. I want to be around to enjoy her!

Regarding the water, over the years I've been told 8-16 glasses. I like water and drink it most of the time, even with meals. Before starting to "diet" I was drinking at least 64 ounces per day so when I started NS I kicked it up to 128. Some days I was getting more. I'm going to just make sure I get close to 128 for now and then have something else if I want more to drink. And yes, I probably do have an equal in and out ratio. Some nights I get up four times to go to the bathroom ... and that's even if I stop drinking water by 7:30 PM!

Thanks for stopping in and I hope you come back soon and hopefully, next time you'll leave a name so I can respond to you personally.

Karon said...

Michelle-Thanks for the encouragement, honey. I am amazed that I am actually moving my body more. Now to get back to walking in the mornings, breakfast, then workout video ... I think that will become my new routine. And sweetie, with all you do every day I don't know when you'll find time to move more than you already do. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

You are drinking too much water and washing all the sodium out of your system which could be very dangerous.

Anonymous said...

Plus all the nutrients it takes to make weight loss work.

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Natural thyroid supplements avodart cialis clomid diflucan dostinex glucoavodart cialia Official lamborghini Valencia infiniti dealer Soccer dad high speed isp http://www.footfetish3.info/Brazilian_butt_orgy.html Global forex trading leaders in online currency trading