CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 12, 2005

A rough day

I started out the morning with my usual struggle ... to walk or not to walk. I'm pleased to say that walking won and off Fancy and I went. I had hoped to increase the time to 20 minutes today but just couldn't commit myself to the extra area I'd be covering and not sure it would only be a 20 minute walk. I sure do have a hang-up about walking! =-P

Our daughter's car crapped out last night on her way to town to return movies. Thankfully, no one was hurt and a city cop came along and helped her and her boyfriend push the car around the corner and up to a curb, parked legally overnight. Nothing we could do about it last night and I know next to squat about cars. Called my brother and he agreed to come this morning and go check it out with us.

So we go to town and he takes a look. He came prepared with an extra battery. Said she had a serpentine belt break and evidentally that belt is crucial to the car running. He switched out the batteries and was able to get the car started. He drove it back to our house. He'll take her battery home and put it on the charger. Tomorrow or Weds he will come drive the car to his house to work on it. She should have it back by Sunday evening...I hope.

So ... the day goes on and Tim decides he wants to go to McDonald's for lunch. Okay, no biggie. I usually have some apple dippers without the caramel while he eats. But ... we get home and he takes his insulin shot. He didn't eat all that much, just a chicken ranch blt sandwich and he took his usual dose of insulin. So a little later I'm talking with him, or trying to and he cannot focus on the conversation. He sits there with this puzzled look on his face like I'm speaking in a foreign language. I knew instantly from experience what was going on. His blood glucose level had dropped. Checked it and it was down to 34! That is way too low!

I call Mandi, our daughter to sit with him while I run to the local convenient mart for oj and a candy bar. I try to keep that stuff in the house but when he is in a crisis it never seems to still be here! Needless to say that whole thing stressed me out! I really wanted a Reese's Cup but did not give in. I've been in a depressed and crappy mood ever since. I think part of it was the stress of the day and some of it is my Mom's 70th birthday would have been Wednesday but instead I'll have to honor her memory and celebrate her life without her. This time of year is rough for me.

Tim has a doctor appt in the morning. I'll be mentioning the low sugar incidents and see what the doc has to say. I also will be making my way to the public aid dept to apply for medicaid. It kills me to do it but I have a medical issue that needed attention a year ago and I've put it off and put it off. It is starting to take on scary proportions so now is the time. Hope it all goes as planned.

Anyway ... enough of my whining for one day. I wish all who read a great day!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karon dear friend I am sending good thoughts your way that everything is OK! You did great thought, not to give in during such a stressful day! Hang in there kiddo!