Grrrrrrrr! I am so very angry right now. We got up very early (for us and especially for Tim) and drove almost two hours to see the specialist who ended up not being a retinal specialist at all! He could not do anything for Tim and said he had no idea why we had been referred to him. We are back at square one!
This has me really ticked off. That was a four hour round trip and gas we don't really have to get there for nothing. NOTHING! So we get home and I call the PCP and speak with the gal who set this all up. She was angry because she said she called this doctor's office yesterday and was assured that the doctor was a retinal specialist. Now she is working on it once again. The office did give me the names of three retinal specialists that I did pass on to the PCP office so hopefully they will get it together and get this taken care of. Every doctor Tim sees tells us how important it is to take care of this right away, however, none of them have been able to help him. ARGHHHH!
I ate breakfast before we left. I took a 12 ounce bottle of caffeine free diet Pepsi with me and had that on the way. We stopped for lunch on the way home. I did okay but know that anger is a HUGE eating trigger for me. I ate my grilled chicken on a pita with lettuce and grilled onions and a side of steamed broccoli. I had a tossed salad with fat free ranch dressing and two 16 oz glasses of water with lemon. Okay so far, so good. I really wanted to order appetizers, but didn't. I really wanted to order dessert, but didn't. What I did do is eat about four bites of Tim's hamburger that he didn't eat. It was a reflex and a terrible habit and I had it before I realized what I was doing. About the time I realized it, so did Tim and he whisked the plate out of reach. I've no doubt that I would have eaten everything on his plate if he hadn't! Why did I do that?! I'm trying not to beat myself up over this but doggone it, I know better.
Ah well ... lesson learned. No matter how hungry I am, don't eat out if I am angry. It is BAD NEWS!
Friday, September 23, 2005
What a Waste!
Posted by Karon at 9/23/2005 02:08:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »
Post a Comment