CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Inspired

Just finished watching "The Biggest Loser". All I can say is WOW! Those first week weigh-ins were amazing. Two of the men lost 28 pounds and one woman lost 20. How in the heck did they do that?!

One thing I did realize is that I certainly could be pushing myself more than I do. I vowed to myself, and will publicly vow it here, that I will increase the distance I am walking and thus increase my total walking time per day starting tomorrow morning. I have to do this and I know I CAN do it!

On a side note, took Tim to the doctor today. He was quite pleased with his average blood glucose levels. I was upset that the doctor didn't address the high peaks and low dips and was only concerned with the average. He did an A1c test and we should have those results back shortly. Back in three months for a follow up.

And I went to the public aid office and applied for a state medical card so I can go to the doctor. I filled out the application, ran home for proof of income (such that it is!) and took it all back. According to info on the application, I should know within 45 days of applying if I qualify or not. I hated having to do this but in all honesty I have medical issues (thyroid problems and this thing on my left thigh are the most pressing issues) that need to be taken care of. I have worked and paid taxes and need the help right now. So I swallowed my pride and went and applied. Now we wait!

I am inspired, though, so starting tomorrow I will be walking farther and longer. I will not overdo but I need to push myself a bit more. No pain no gain, right?

1 comments:

Karon said...

Thanks, Paul! I never even thought about being lighter as I waited. I did step up the walking as you'll read in my post for today. And I am glad I applied for medical help. I've been a tax paying citizen and never asked for anything. The program is there to help those who need it and right now I do. I'll just keep on my program, keep challenging myself, and well ... just keep on!