CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Rainy Days and Mondays

Well ... yesterday was a rainy day. We had rain all night long and into yesterday. No walking in the morning because of the rain and then the grandbaby (Ceci) came to play. She was here most of the day and soon after she left, the storms started up again. We had some wicked thunderstorms with lots of lightning, 70 mph winds, and even some hail! It wasn't pretty. The storm raged into and through most of the night. This morning it is drizzling still so no walking this morning either. I may go to the mall later and do some walking around just to get the exercise in.

Tim's doctor office called yesterday. His A1C (for his blood glucose) is down to 5.5. Now I don't know what a normal A1C range is but I can tell you this is the lowest I've heard his being so he is doing pretty well with the blood sugars despite all the peaks and valleys. Woo hoo! Today he has an appointment with an eye surgeon. His retinas are detached in both eyes. This is causing him to have some distorted vision and of course doesn't help his overall vision either! The surgeon will hopefully be able to tell us if the retinas can be re-attached or not. He should also be able to tell us if it will maybe improve Tim's vision or just help him to hold onto the vision he has. The whole thing makes me sad. And lately, I'm realizing I probably need bifocals and definitely am in need of new glasses so that is yet another issue to deal with. It never ends, huh?

So, I've been sticking to the program. I've been drinking all my water. The moving isn't going so well so have to step that up the rest of the week to get my 120 minutes in. I know I can do it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hang in there Karon! Even if you just maintain during all you are going through, that is a big achievement! And sometimes the scale just refuses to cooperate. Be patient my friend! Stay the course and you will see changes!

Karon said...

Thanks, Michelle. Starting today I am going to track my accomplishments and things I'm doing right. The negative has got to go and I'm going to focus on the positive. Sometimes we just need to remember all the good we're doing for ourselves in this journey and forget that doggone scale.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karon,
I wrote you few month ago, let me tell you that I`m proud of you, you have to many issues to battle with !!! and you could manage to do it pretty weel, I`m sure you can!!! All the effort you are doing today, for you and your family, will be recompensed in the future, be patient and enjoy the blessings you have, hubby, daughters and baby Ceci , she is really so cute, and you`re a young proud grandma, that soon could play wih her in the park !!!
Be strong and go ahead, SURE YOU CAN !!!
Your NS friend,
Alejandra.

Karon said...

I remember chatting with you before Alejandra! Thanks for stopping by and posting in my blog. I can't tell you how much it means to me that others come here and talk with me.

I am definitely hanging in there and know I will get to the end of my weight loss journey only to begin another journey ... maintenance ... because I am NEVER going back to the fat person I have been!

Come back, often!

Hugs for you, my friend ... Karon