I stepped on the scale this morning and was very happy with the results! I managed to drop 5.5 pounds this past week. I met my goals ... as much as I can remember them anyway. I ate NS foods pretty much 100%, I drank at least 128 ounces of water every day, I walked every day but one for a total of 90 minutes. And it all paid off on the scale this week.
In 32 weeks I've managed to shed 64.5 pounds for an average loss of two pounds per week. I'm quite comfortable with that pace since it is what most doctors, dietician, programs, etc suggest. I know that I have an established pattern going on. I lose for about three weeks then I plateau for two to three weeks. I figure in the end, it is all averaging out so no reason to freak out about the pauses my body seems to take.
Goals for the coming week are to eat 100% NS once again. Drink at least 128 ounces of water per day. Walk for a total of 120 minutes this week with a minimum of 15-20 minutes per day. I need to keep the scale going downward. I really want to be below 400 by the first of the year ... actually January 9 is the target date set by my dear friend Consuelo. She says it's gonna happen and I believe her!
One other side note I noticed in updating my weight tracker at the NS site this morning. I now have 250 pounds to go to reach goal. When I started NS, I had over 300 lbs to lose. It's great to have the number going down!
Onward I go!
Sunday, September 11, 2005
Week 33 Begins
Posted by Karon at 9/11/2005 09:12:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Karon my dear friend - you are doing incredibly well! Look at how far you have come and you are at the high side of the recommended weekly weight loss range! You have to feel so great about yourself and your progress! You are an inspiration and set the bar for us all!
Thanks for stopping in, Christina! I have been reading your live journal for a while now. Just don't comment much. It's a pleasure to have you join my journey.
Hi, Michelle! I am very proud of the progress I've made. Sometimes I lament that I could be doing better if I was eating NS 100% of the time but right now the money just isn't there. Thanks for the encouragement!
Hello Karon dear friend!! I was so thrilled to find out you were a part of 'blogsville'! :) I spend more time in blogsville now than I do over on the NSBB...so to see you here is great. :)
CONGRATULATIONS and a big WHOO HOOO!!! I'm so happy for you!! I kept telling you that 'whoosh' was coming!! :) And I think Consuelo is absolutely right and will walk alongside of you to January 9th and beyond. :)
Isn't it funny how we get a kick out of those round numbers like 250? :) I know what you mean - it seems there are so many mini-goals when you start counting not just the 'weight I've lost' but the 'weight I have yet to lose' and the 'tri-cities...and the twodervilles...etc.etc.etc. :) So glad to be on this journey with you - love the blog title as well. :) How fitting...
Thanks, Paul! I definitely know I can do this. I figure now there are about three of us in the NS100 group who are trying to lose around the 40 pound mark by the first of the year. I'm positive that we all can do it!
I love that story "The Little Engine That Could". It's a great tribute to believing in oneself! Like those who believe in Santa Claus ... among other things ... I BELIEVE!
You are looking FABULOUS, Sophia! Thanks for stopping by, honey. I know what you mean about spending more time on the blogs than the NSBB. They are so much more personal and I personally find them more uplifting and positive (even when someone posts something negatively) than the BB.
And yes, you did tell me that WHOOSH was coming. You and Consuelo have been right all along. I just have to believe and trust in the two of you!
Thanks for joining me in my journey here. I really do feel that I am taking my life back!
Best regards from NY! 1955 1956 original floor mats http://www.maytag-dishwasher.info/residential-steam-humidifier.html Moab ut hummer tours baja jackets order online syracuse lasik vision correction retirement plan wellsfargocom
Post a Comment