CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A new discovery

I know this is going to sound silly but I have to share it anyway. For many of you, you're going to shake your head that something so small can excite me. For others, you will understand exactly where I'm coming from.

I was on the floor today with Ceci (my granddaughter if you aren't a regular reader). When we were done playing, I generally crawl my way to something to push myself up off of the floor. Today, I didn't feel like it and instead just stood up ... from the floor to standing with no straining, no pushing up on something, no help whatsoever. I did it several times just to prove I really could do it!

Now ... I told you it was silly.

I noticed yesterday that my lymphedema seemed harder to the touch and felt bigger. This morning the scale almost sent me into cardiac arrest. I sure hope it's just some water retention. I know it has to be but it was not pleasant.

Had a busy day with Ceci here again today. We'll have her tomorrow in the afternoon, but only for a little while. Today was an all day visit and by the end I was ready for her to go home. We did take her out to dinner and she was so good.

I hope everyone is having a good week. I've had a little bit of upheaval going on but hanging in there and know it will be just fine. Keep your eye on the destination and just keep going!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karon - being able to get up without a prop is quit an accomplishment. Good job. PaulL

Karon said...

Thanks, Paul! It certainly felt like one to me. :)

Lisa said...

WooHoo! I totally get where you are coming from on that MAJOR accomplishment of yours. Congratulations!

Valerie said...

Congrats! That is certainly an accomplishment. And doing it a few times sounds like good exercise. I'm definitely glad you shared this with us. You have so much to be proud of.

Ehm Samir said...

Hi Karon!

Congrats to you on your being able to get up with no furniture help. That isn't silly at all....IT'S FANTASTIC! Another huge step towards your end goal of not letting your weight stop you from doing anything that you want to do.

You inspired me to set up a blog yesterday, though I don't think it'll ever look as nice as yours. I think I'll use it for a personal journal, much like you do. No one can access it unless you give them your "address" right?

Hope your upheaval stops heaving soon, know how that goes. Don't worry about the scale either, you know it's just water retention!

Ann (Mishbuttah from SP)

Karon said...

Lisa...Thank you. I did feel it was major enough to shout out!

Valerie...Thanks! I am proud of how far I have come. Now if only I could stop lamenting the things I still cannot do. I'm getting there slowly.

Ann...Thank you for stopping by. I am thrilled to have you join me on my blog. No longer will the weight keep me from doing the things I want to do.

Welcome to the blog world. You will learn how to "make it look nice" as you go along. I did. As for the question about someone accessing it, if I click on your name it takes me to your profile there is a link there to your blog. If you don't want people to be able to do that, just go to the settings and change it to hide profile. If you need more exact instructions, email me (there's a link to the right if you haven't copied it yet) and I'll email it to you.

Thanks for your support, honey. It means a lot to me!

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Prescription pill descriptions Baseball bostoncom red sox sports Free bingo for prizes and tokens Comcast cable online payments Cheapest phendimetrazine yellow 37.5 taking lamictal trazedone and seroquel

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »