CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Busy Day

Today was a busy day full of challenges. We've been waiting for a check to come all week and the cupboards are bare. No breakfast for me today. Got the check and off we went to deposit money and take care of some other stuff.

Ate lunch out. I did okay all things told. It certainly wasn't exactly the most NS friendly meal I could have had but I did okay and I've eaten the same meal before with no visible ramifications. As long as I don't eat like that all the time it's okay.

Then we decided to get rid of our truck. It is killing us in gasoline bills right now. It costs us about $90 to fill up from empty and it's just not practical for our family either. So we spent three hours at a car dealership. I absolutely HATE the process of buying a new car. All in all the deal was made. We are waiting to hear back about financing but the paperwork is all set. We go back in the morning to pick up our gently used 2005 Impala. At least when we want to take the kids out to eat we'll all be able to go in one car now. Also, it will be easier when we have the grandbaby. Both Tim and I feel good about it. No increase in our payments so that's great news! By the time that was all done, it was dinnertime.

I had about 4 ounces of chicken, a nice tossed salad, green beans and one dinner roll without butter. All in all I felt good about my food choices. We got home about 7 this evening and I'm just glad to be out of shoes and socks. I hate wearing those darn things!

Hope all are having a good week. The weekend is almost here. I can't believe Thanksgiving is a week from today. I think we've decided to eat our main meal out that day and then spend the rest of the day watching movies.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karon,

You did have a busy day!!
My hubby traded his truck in for a 2004 Impala when I found out I was pregnant and we love it!! They are great cars.

Sounds as if all in all you had a pretty good day!!

JOdi

Anonymous said...

Hi Karon...
sounds like a pretty big day for you...cars are events! Congrats on the new car and I think it was a very wise and practical decision...you forgot to tell the most important thing...what color is it? lol

And I kn ow what you mean about shoes and socks...and add bras to that...in fact when I get home I can't wait to get everything off and put on a lounger.

Glad all is going well for you..I am still searching for that motivation but it is coming...lol...
hugs, barb

Karon said...

Jodi...Good to hear that you love your car. We are looking forward to being back in a car again. It's been about five years, I think. We were driving SUVs before we got the truck. What on earth we were thinking getting a truck I'll never know!

Barb...Hey, you! The car is white. I'm not thrilled about that but it was the one we got the best deal on!

After having 100 lbs gone, I'd freeze to death in a lounger! I told Tim I'm gonna have to order me some sweats. I didn't want to because I don't plan to be in them a long time but dang I am freezing all the time now.

The motivation will come. Maybe you'll feel more like getting back at in after the holidays. This is definitely not the time to start a diet if you're having problems with self-control. I know you're going to be back at it as surely as I know I'm going to lose another 100 pounds before 2006 is over! Big hugs for you, honey!

Lisa said...

Good idea to switch to a car to save on gas. I traded in my Chevy Avalanche back in May because of the cost to fill it up at the gas station. It only got 14 mpg. Now driving a 2005 Ford Five Hundred and loving it. Guess I'm just more of a car person:)

Hey Lady said...

congrats on your new ride!! You will probably get better gas mileage and in the end will save money. How's the weather up there? I talked to my friends in St Charles and they said it was COLD!

Karon said...

Lisa...We were thrilled when we stopped for gas on the way home. The car had about a quarter of a tank when we picked it up. Filling it up cost us all of $25 and I'm guessing that one tank will probably take us through the entire week. We were spending that on a quarter tank or less and running through it in about two-three days. It is taking some getting used to feeling I'm sitting on the ground, though!

Sue...Thanks! I know we're going to get better mileage and save money. The plus is to also be able to take our daughter and her boyfriend with us sometimes as well as the granddaughter from time to time. As for the weather ... it's been pretty doggone chilly. Yesterday and the day before the wind was biting. Today was a little better.

Paul...Thank you! So far so good. I'm not sure about the weigh in. Looks like I may be reporting another week of maintenance. But ... that's okay because I've noticed a couple things this week I'll share in my blog tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... woods self defrosting freezer Lawsuit battery toothbrush digital cameras sale New color generic oxycontin The waterless dishwasher Wall shelf lcd projectors Baseball pitcher stats digital printing maximus fitness and wellness