
It has seemed like such a long day today. I guess that's in part due to the gloom of a rainy day. Woke up early to the sounds of a major rainstorm and that went on until mid-day. It cleared off and was sunny for a couple hours and then right back to the gloom and doom. I don't mind rain but it's been raining here every day for the past 2-3 days and I'm tired of it. I hate to go anywhere in the rain. I had to go out today, though.
Tim and I had to go to the dealership where we purchased our truck to cancel extended warranties and gap insurance policies. That's pretty much been handled and now we wait to get the checks. Then we stopped at Staples and got a new print cartridge for my printer. Of course, Tim has an ulterior motive in doing this so I can print resumes and apply for more jobs. ::sigh::
Get back home to find that the department store I applied at last week had called. Their number was on my caller id (thank heavens for caller id) so I called them back. Ended up they want me to come in tomorrow afternoon for an interview. While this isn't the ideal job, it is a job I don't have right now and the money coming in would be a HUGE help right now. It might even mean we get to do a little Christmas shopping! So, cross your fingers for me and do a little dance of hope.
Going to drag out our little bitty Christmas tree after while. We got a very small fiber optic tree last year and I figure that's good enough to set up this year. It's going on one of the end tables in our living room. At least Ceci might just leave it alone there. I'm not counting on it, mind you, but she might! ;-D
My body aches. I guess it's from the darn rain. Rain, rain, go away! I feel like a child wanting the rain to end. And while I'm happy to interview tomorrow, it also makes me sad. If I get the job it means leaving Tim home to fend for himself while I work and that concerns me. I've also gotten quite used to being with him all day every day. Oh to go back and be a child with no cares for just a few days!
Monday, November 28, 2005
A long day
Posted by Karon at 11/28/2005 04:16:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Uh huh, sure! How about I bring her out to Boston and she can play with your Christmas tree? ;) For now, I have the tree on the table but I might put it in the floor so she can really have a good time!
Good luck with your interview. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I am putting up a tabletop tree this year too. My "baby" is a puppy that I'm afraid of with the big tree so we'll give her a year to calm down before we try that.
Post a Comment