CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 27, 2005

End of Week 43 Wrap Up

And so the week has ended. I watched the scale bounce up and down this week and wondered if I'd have a loss at all. It had been two weeks since I had seen the scale move and I thought this week may be the same. But, earlier in the week I saw the scale inching downward again so I knew if I could make it through Thanksgiving, I'd be okay.

I did indeed survive Thanksgiving, though I was bad yesterday. You can read yesterday's blog entry to find out what happened, if you missed it or are so inclined. Today dawns a new day and I'm pleased to report a one pound loss for this past week. I'll take it and be happy about it. I now have 101 pounds gone forever! That leaves me just 30 pounds to go to get to my next mini-goal of being under 400 lbs by March 1st. I will have to lose an average of ten pounds per month to get there. I'm pretty sure I can do that. I do need to make sure I'm getting all my water, I've been a little lax lately on it. And I really have to start moving around more. I'm asking my girls for the Walk Away the Pounds dvds for Christmas or my birthday. I'm hoping that will get me moving again during the winter.

According to a wonderful site my friend Paul referred me to it's going to take me anywhere from 75 to 225 weeks (18 to 53 months) to safely and reasonably lose my remaining weight at 1-3 pounds per week average. I'd love to think I'll be in the lower end of that scale, but I'm guessing I'll actually be somewhere near the middle or end of it. It doesn't really matter to me, though. The time is going to pass and I have nothing to lose but pounds!

That site also had this information about the 101 lbs I've already shed: To lose that amount of fat would mean to burn 353,500 calories. That is the equivalent of 11.44 gallons of gasoline. If you could dump this many calories into the tank of a Honda Civic, you would be able to drive it about 388 miles before running out of gas! (I thought that was pretty amazing info!)

Cutting 353,500 calories is the same as saying "no" to: 2,438 baked potatoes, 1,094 Snickers bars, or 686 Quarter Pounders with Cheese. All of these things used to be my favorite foods! In addition to that info here is what I'd have to do to burn that many calories: walk for 1,354 hours (56 days) at 3 mph straight, walk 4,063 miles, or jump rope for 431 hours (18 days) straight.

The site goes on to say: It could take anywhere between 34 to 101 weeks (8 to 24 months) to safely and reasonably lose that amount of weight. Well it took me just over 41 so I guess I'm doing just fine! Good to know, don't you think?

Onward and downward I charge!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karon,
You look great!! I saw your post on the Nutrisystem web site and had to check out your blog! You're doing a terrific job ~ keep up the good work! You are an inspiration to us all!

Sherri said...

That site is awesome Karon! I really needed a jump start this morning because this last week was a major failure for me!! Thanks, Sherri

Karon said...

Patti...Hi! Thanks for stopping by. I hope you stop back often. I'm generally hanging around somewhere!

Sherri...I thought that website was GREAT and just had to share it with all who come by. I loved the info and will be going back as I hit the milestones to compare stats. Sorry you had a bad week. The good news is you can start all over again and have a better week this week. I'm rooting for you!

Janet said...

That is the neatest website. Very inspiring.
Janet

Valerie said...

I'm so glad to see the scale is moving for you again. Keep up the good work. Glad to hear you fueled a Honda Civic, lol.

Karon said...

Janet...Thanks for stopping by. I can't take credit for the website, but yes, it is inspiring!

Valerie...I'm glad it's moving as well. Sure wish we could give yours a swift kick and get it to cooperate!