
Weigh in this morning shows no loss and no gain. Another week of maintenance is now behind me. It's okay. I'm still at 100 lbs gone and holding steady while my body does some more adjusting. The dreaded monthly monster reared it's ugly head last week so next week things should be back to going down again.
I've set a mini-goal to shed 31 lbs by March 1 so have to get going. That will put my big toe in the Tri Cities but I'm not stopping there. It will be a march onward until my whole body is there and then on toward Twoterville and beyond. As I said the other day, there have been positive (at least I'm taking them positively) changes in my body as it adjusts so I'm not worried at all about remaining the same this week.
The weather has definitely turned off cold here in Illinois and I am not looking forward to winter at all. I just don't like being cold all the darn time. I've got some things to do today. Definitely have to get the grocery shopping done. Was going to do it yesterday but when we got to the local grocery it was packed and there was no way I was going to even attempt going in there. Tim and I will check it out in a bit and hopefully everyone will be at church and we'll not have a huge crowd to deal with. I'd like to make chili, beef vegetable soup, or meatloaf for dinner tonight so I have to get the shopping done.
I hope each of you reading is having a pleasant Sunday. Tomorrow starts the new week and brings the holiday of Thanksgiving. I know I have a few things I've been thankful for this year and I'll likely share those on the holiday. Enjoy life today. It may be gone tomorrow and this is the only life you get!
Sunday, November 20, 2005
Week 42 is behind me
Posted by Karon at 11/20/2005 08:20:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Thanks, Jeanne! Congratulations on the 2.5 last week. It may not have been what you wanted but it was a loss so be proud of your accomplishment. If you lose only 2.5 lbs per week that's 130 lbs in a year. You can do this! Just keep going and focus on where you want to be.
Hi Karon, You certainly motivate me with your way of seeing things. "Another week of maintenance"-- I never thought of holding the scale steady as maintenance but I guess you're right! I think of you often. Keep on keeping on... I'd like to be in onderland by March. Maybe it can happen... just to let you know I've updated my blog, so if you get a chance give it a look. Have a great week... ~^..^~
Hey, Sweetie!
I was just thinking of you earlier today and wondering how you're doing. So glad you checked in and I will for sure check out your updated blog. I figure any week we stay the same is still progress.
So glad to see your success!
Thanks for stopping by, Suzi!
"another week of maintenance"
Good way to put it. I MOST remember it next time it happens to me. You positiveness is contagious. Thanks for keeping this journal for us to see.
Keep it going.
~Edith
Way to hang in there Karon. I try to look at body changes now as well, and when I'm feeling anxious I try clothes on. That reminds me something is happening. I hate the "monthly ritual"...it's so anti-weight loss. My new assignment is to try to figure out how to better make it through those times.
Bless ya!
Edith...It's my pleasure to chronicle my weight loss here. Thanks for sharing the journey with me.
Diane...I confess that I just go roll with punches and accept that at least one week out of every month I'm going to maintain my weight. I figure it isn't a gain so I'll take it!
Post a Comment