CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Interview

I had an interview this afternoon. It was with Walmart and for a position as a cashier or customer service person. What I didn't know is that the job is a temporary one ... it could be full-time but no guarantee that I'd have a job with them beyond the holidays. ::sigh:: Not sure I wanted to work there in the first place and now this. Maybe it isn't meant to be.

The interview went okay. She said she would need to check references and could call me back for a second interview after the first. Why can't they just tell you if they want you or not? What's with all the darn drama? I really really hate that I am letting my college degree go to waste. I don't want to teach special education. Why did I let myself be influenced into that field to begin with? I wish I knew what I wanted to be when I grow up ... IF I ever grow up!

In the morning, I'm going to be sending out resumes to a local public school district that is hiring an aide. I'm also going to apply for a position with a local children's home to be an aide. Lastly, there is a group home for people with developmental disabilities nearby that I'm also going to apply to. At least those jobs are near the field of special education that my degree is in.

Been feeling a bit discouraged today. I don't know exactly what triggered it. I guess it was a case of feeling sorry for myself. I don't do that often but today has been one of those days. I will say I had an excellent NSV while walking around Walmart before and after the interview. I did all the walking, no electric scooters and this is a supercenter so you all surely know how big this store is!

Watched the finale of "The Biggest Loser" and felt at a loss. It mad me kind of sad. Many of those contestants have lost 100 lbs. Some lost more. But they all looked amazing. Then I look at my before and 100 lbs gone pictures and just felt ... I dunno ... let down. Tim was great telling me I'm going to get there and I know I will. I just get tired of the process and not seeing the progress as I'd like. Onward, I will trudge, though.

Oh ... lastly, (at the encouragement of Michelle, Valerie, and Paul) I've made the decision to join the NS100 pedometer challenge. My pedometer read a total of 13,263 steps last week. The average daily was 1894 steps. So ... mathman Paul ... I know you're out there. If I'm going to challenge myself to do an average of 10% more steps per day ... how many total steps will I need this week, and what would be the average I should strive for. I can figure this out but am being very lazy tonight. I'm ready for bed and this post is the last thing I'm doing. Thanks!

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Well, I'm not Paul, but I thought I'd help out. You would increase by 189 per day and aim for 2083. I'm glad you're going to try it out. I'm sorry the interview didn't go as well as you'd hoped. I had one at the mall last week and the person interviewing me didn't show up, she called in sick and didn't let me know. Then she said she'd let me know for sure on Monday, and it's Wednesday so I guess I didn't get the job. We'll have to keep encouraging each other! (Though, personally, I want a degree is special ed, that's what I was going for).

Lisa said...

Karon, Keep your chin up. You'll find the job that you are meant to have soon. Congrats on the NSV too. That must make you feel great!

Anonymous said...

Karon! Don't be discouraged by that tv show! First of all, they were all locked in and starved and worked out an insane number of hours every day! Just look at all that saggy skin from too fast of weight loss! Second, they had personal trainers really pushing them FOR HOURS A DAY. And last, they lost 100 lbs and were at goal, so there was a big difference in their before/afters. When you lose that last 100 lbs, there will be a big difference for you too! And we have all told you that we can see the difference this first 100 lbs has made in you! Go back and read your post about it! AND STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP YOUNG LADY!

Karon said...

Valerie...Thanks for the number, hon. At least I know the minimum I should be aiming for this week. I don't understand those who are doing the hiring. I'll post more about that in today's blog post in a moment. I let my teaching certificate lapse because I lost it in a move for a couple years. To be able to teach again, I'd need to re-register the certificate (which is totally outdated and would cost over $100 in back registration fees) and take more classes in my field. I just don't think I have the engery to do it anymore. Also, the three years I taught, I hated it. I had deaf-blind severely retarded kids and it was the pits! Ah well .... enough of my whining.

Lisa...Thanks for stopping in. I just keep plugging away. One of these days I'm bound to find the right job.

Michelle...Aye aye, sweetie! I don't know what gets into me, really I don't! I know all of that in my head. It's my darn heart that gets to making me think too much sometimes. I promise I'll try to do better.

Anonymous said...

What a great site bmw dealer service internet fax Pictures of roulette table Free gay fetish video clips Discount ionamin canada Canada wireless camera surveillance Beruf bachelor of science pflege und gesundheit Rose 'belinda's dream' accutane Truck rental in emerson nj new jersey Tenuate despon http://www.electrical-steroid-drive-tennis-elbow.info Maimouna keita dance company Acne compare to proactiv 2000 mitsubishi eclipse projector headlights hair loss rogaine Side effects of celexa 20mg Bay city lasik