CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

It's only fitting

Twenty-one years ago, I went on my first and last blind date. My best friend was dating his best friend and we lived two hours away from each other. The four of us went out for pizza and to a comedy club to see Chuck Salvo. Now 21 years ago, this man was a very popular comedian in the Chicagoland area. I have no clue if he's still doing comedy but he was extremely funny back then! I do remember having to go to the bathroom in the middle of his act and being heckled by him. I was mortified!

That was the night I met my wonderful husband Tim. By January we knew we were meant to be together. (He says he knew from the moment we met. His mom said she knew the moment she shook my hand I was going to be her daughter-in-law. I took a little longer to warm up to the idea.) We were married six months to the day we met. And we've been happily married (pretty much) ever since. Hey, all relationships have their moments!

So it's only fitting that 21 years later I have shed 100 of the extra pounds I've gained over the last 21 years. If I knew then what I know now ... The excitement is still there. I've looked at the before and current pictures ... need to get them posted here ... maybe in the photo album over there on the right in a few .... and though I can see a difference, I don't see the 100 lb difference. I'm not unhappy, don't get me wrong. And I know the differences are there. I was in a chat with two of my best NS friends last night and we were analyzing the photos ... look ... I lost my butt! Oh, and my right calf in the profile shows the difference. And what's that? I have a shape coming back. Who knew?

Taking Tim to his follow-up eye appointment. He says he's sure there has been a change and it isn't a good one but he doesn't want to have eye surgery. Hey, it's his eyes and I'm leaving it up to him and the doctor to figure out. I just want him to be as healthy as he can be for as long as I can keep him that way. Now that I've had him for 21 years, I'd miss him if he were gone. He is the other half of me.

Everyone have a great day!

3 comments:

Karon said...

Wow! I didn't know that, Paul. Thanks for the info. I remember he was pretty funny back in the day. I'll have to check out his website and see if he's playing anywhere I can drive to.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... hasbro scrabble game pda scrabble Analysis of he got game asthma control center 1976 dodge warlock Tv news upskirt Val thorens webcam Voip communication play free scrabble board game online