CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Not Feeling Well Today

Not feeling the best today. There are a few reasons for this. I hate being sick though, because it makes me very irritable and I snap and crab at those I love the most. I can't seem to help myself!

We had the granddaugher overnight last night for the time in the nine months she's been on this earth. It was a very rough night ... for her and for me. She was in a strange place, in a strange bed, with strange people (at least in her bedtime routine). She went down okay at 9:30 but by midnight she was up and screaming. Changed the diaper, tried to give her a body, cuddled, rocked, sang, even made her some baby oatmeal but nothing was working. Eventually put her in the floor for a break and she stopped crying and started to play. By 3 I was read to return to bed. Put her back in bed with a bottle (which I hated to do but that's what my daughter does per her pediatrician), turned on the birdies on the ceiling musical thing that I wanted to break, covered her with her favorite blankie from home ... and off to sleep she went. But ... she only slept until 6!

Add to that the fact that I am catching a cold. I'm cold all the damn time! That has to be the one downside I've found from shedding 100 lbs. I'm always COLD!!! I went to bed with a headache, Ceci and her screaming didn't help matters. When I got up at 6 the headache was still there, as it is now. My throat is scratchy and sore. And I'm so very crabby and snap at everyone when I don't feel well. Why is it that people tend to listen to you less when you're sick? At least that's how they do me at my house.

On top of all that the monthly monster is rearing it's ugly head. Sorry, gentlemen ... but the women will understand. So I really don't feel well. UGH!

Sure hope the night passes in a blurr and things are better in the morning. I don't want a repeat of the last 24 hours anytime soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karon, so sorry to hear that today was not better for you!
If you can get to the store, my mom swears by the zinc lozenges. She takes them as directed and swears her colds do not last as long.
TAke care and make sure you are getting in plenty of fluid!!

Jodi

Sherri said...

I hope you are feeling better today!

Karon said...

Thanks, girls! I usually use Sucrets or Cool Breezers made by Hall's. I'll have to look for those zinc lozenges, Jodi. Thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »