The scale has pretty much stayed the same all week for me. I'm okay with that, though, because other things have definitely been happening.
My ankles are getting smaller. At first I thought I was imagining it but it's true. I wear socks that only come to just about an inch above the ankle and I can't keep the darn things up! While it's been kind of irritating, it is also a sign of smaller ankles and I can't complain about that. Well, I could ... but I won't!
The water pocket the doctor calls lymph edema is getting smaller. You can't tell it from the front view yet, but it is shrinking. Yippee! I used to be able to reach the back part of my upper thigh and feel that darn thing, hard as a rock, most of the way across the back of my thigh. Now I have to reach almost all the way across the back of my thigh, almost to the inner thigh to feel it. So it is going down! That is one thing that I find VERY exciting. I can't wait until that darn thing is so small it' no longer noticeable or gone. Dare I hope one day it will be gone?
Lastly, was something I had noticed but Tim (the hubby for those who might not know) commented on it yesterday. I have not had rolls of fat but just one huge stomach for a while. I've been kind of happy watching the rolls re-appear, only because it signifies I am definitely losing weight. Well, yesterday Tim commented that the "dent" (for want of a better word) is looking pretty deep. He went on to say that he can see stretch marks (I know they aren't pleasant but they also signify shrinkage because my skin has been so stretched you couldn't see any for a very long time) and my lower tummy now has dimples. Yep! It is starting to resemble a golf ball! I know I should not be happy about stretch marks and divets in my stomach but they are positive signs of the changes in my body.
Oh ... I put on my winter coat from last year the other day. The difference in the fit even between the last time I wore it last spring and this winter are amazing. Last spring, it was getting more loose but still did not drop down over my hips. I could pull it down, but it was tight across my hips and rear. I put it on the other day and zipped it up and it just dropped right down over my hips! I laughed in delight because that was such a thrill for me. Sophia sent me a winter coat that I can wear but not yet button. I'm betting another month or so when it gets really cold I'll be able to button it. One more positive sign that my body is indeed changing.
I stated a little while back I was losing my motivation but I believe I'm slowly regaining it. I am going to get my second wind and off I'll go again. As long as things are changing I can deal with the scale not really moving. But I know that the scale is going to start downward once again shortly. I want to be below 400 pounds by March. My good friend Consuelo predicted a date in January but I don't think I'm going to make that one. I have 31 pounds to go to get to 399. The best news is I know I am going to get there. I CAN do this!
Saturday, November 19, 2005
Things I've Noticed This Week
Posted by Karon at 11/19/2005 07:25:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Karon, thank you for reminding me that I should view my stretch marks and dimples as a sign of progress. I forget that when I see them in the mirror, but you are right. They are signs of progress.
Paul...Thanks! I'm not really shrinking but something is a happening and I'll take it!
Bob...I know. It sounds totally strange to be happy about stretch marks and dimples when they really aren't attractive but they are definitely a sign that we are making progress. Glad could help you view them in that light. Now, if only they go away or are less noticeable when we get to goal!
Thanks for making me remember the wonders of lose skin around my belly. You have such a way to put things in a possitive matter.
Thanks for sharing!
~Edith
aw Karon! I understand the feeling of seeing the "dent" and being able to zip or button your coat without strangling yourself! Way to go! Your positive attitude was just what I needed today!
Edith...Thanks for stopping by. I figure I need to look at the positives. I've been negative about my weight for far too long and it got me nowhere. Even though I'm not thrilled about loose skin and stretch marks, they are a sign that the weight loss is really happening and that does indeed make me happy!
Michelle...There you are! I've been a little worried about you. Thanks for stopping by so I know you're okay. Glad I was able to bring a little bit of light into your day! Big hugs ...
Karon,
I think it's awesome that you're able to see the positive side to the changes that aren't easy to deal with. You are really an inspiration! :)
Thanks, Mae. I have to see the positive. I've focused on the negatives for far too long in my life. Thanks for stopping by!
Post a Comment