Why is it that everytime I approach a ten pound milestone my body wants to hold onto the last couple pounds. Up and down the scale has gone this week like a doggone yo-yo! I just find it kind of irritating. This happens everytime I near a ten pound mark.
Yesterday was a frustrating day for me. The car financing is not completed, though they assured me when we picked up the car it was all good. I got a call on Monday saying they needed proof of income (Tim's SSI is pretty much it), and proof of residency. They said for proof of income we could bring in a copy of our last three month's bank statements because we have Tim's check direct deposited. Okay fine ...
So I gather what they want and we go to the dealership and now they want a copy of Tim's SSI award letter. I tell them that they asked for proof of income and I provided it. Right there on the last bank statements is the deposits and that they are from the US Treasury. They get all huffy and say well the bank wants a copy of the award letter. Now I'm hot! It isn't like this dealership is just down the street from us. They want me to run home and come back because they are too incompetent to tell me what they needed the first time. I said NO. I also don't think other info contained in the award letter is any of their damn business and tell them so.
The salesman we've been dealing with didn't appreciate my tone, I guess. Next thing I know, the original salesman we started out with (but didn't buy the car from because he was off last week due to a death in the family) comes in and starts apologizing. This just makes me more angry because none of this is his fault. It is the fault of the finance dept (who said it was all good and now it isn't) and the salesman who sold us the car. He must have apologized to me at least 20 times and every time I got more angry.
Ended up we waited there for an hour. They were trying to reach the bank (GMAC) to find out if what we had was going to be enough. As far as I'm concerned it is! After an hour, the saleman (the one with the death) told us we may as well go home and he'd call us when he has more info. He never did call. ::sigh::
This is why I detest car dealerships, car salespeople, and finance departments. They will tell you anything to get you to buy a car. Then they change the rules at the last moment. The entire place knew I was 'hot' yesterday and I don't care. I cannot stand incompetence and don't want an apology for it. There is no excuse for incompetence in the business world. If they don't get this worked out, as far as I am concerned they can have the darn car back and I'll take my truck. Man ...
I know this is probably just me but it really did shoot my blood pressure up. I told Tim I was sorry for losing my cool. Poor guy. He was laughing at me, though. He thinks I'm cute when I'm angry. Cute? 430 pounds of ranting woman ... cute? Is he crazy? Probably!
Well, I'm off to fill out a couple job applications. One is for an overnight secretarial/answering service position. One is for a local department store that's open for 24 hours. And one is for an overnight position at a group home for disabled adults. I figure if I work overnights at least I'll be home during the day if Tim needs me. And the kids (daughter and her boyfriend) are here during the night. We'll see where this all goes.
Wednesday, November 23, 2005
The ten pound stall
Posted by Karon at 11/23/2005 08:00:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm so sorry that you had such a bad day with the car dealership. That should never have happened. The finance department should be bending over backwards to help you out, not making your day miserable. I hope things get straightened out because I know how much you were wanting the new car. Keep your chin up!
Thanks, Lisa. It did work out in the end but I will NEVER go back to that dealership again. What a horrible experience!
Post a Comment