The last couple days have been lazy here in our home. I think the ever changing weather is just zapping us right now. It turned off so cold last night we needed winter coats to go out after dark. Brrrrr! I am NOT ready for winter to set in; not at all!
Took Tim to his retinal specialist appointment Tuesday. Basically, there's been no change in the last six weeks. Tim can either go ahead and schedule the surgery or he can wait and see if anything changes in the next three months. He opted to once again wait. The specialist assured him that the retinal detachment was stable for now. If there are any changes in Tim's vision at all, we'll call and the specialist will see him right away. Otherwise, follow-up in three months. The specialist did tell Tim that at some point it may become crucial for him to have this surgery and he will no longer let Tim opt to wait. I was glad to hear that!
The loss has remained stable. I had lost two more early in the week but they managed to creep back on somehow. Food choices have been good so this may be that time I tend to retain a little water. I'm okay with it. The 100 lbs gone hasn't changed and I'm happy for that!
Nothing else to say, really. Going to lunch today with both daughters and the grandbaby. Tim wants to go to his favorite hotdog stand so I'll be having the taco salad from Wendi's. I really enjoy it and don't mind eating it at the hotdog stand. Tomorrow we are going to have the baby for the evening and then overnight. This is a first for us. Since we don't have monitors, we're going to move the baby's crib from the spare room to our bedroom. She has a tendency to stand up and bounce a lot and I'm afraid she'll fall out on her head so I want her where I can monitor her. I hope she sleeps well here. I know how sometimes babies don't do well sleeping in strange surroundings.
Have a good Thursday ... Friday is just around the corner!
Thursday, November 10, 2005
A couple lazy days
Posted by Karon at 11/10/2005 10:33:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
...it all sounds like good stuff Brenda....I mean Karon (j/k) :). I'm glad the doctor will go forward if they think it's necessary. I know how dealing with the unknown with our health can be scary. Hopefully Tim will receive the grace he needs to go forward.
By the way, are you still drinking the tea (caffeine?). I know that caffeine negates water, so I'm not sure if you know this or not, but you'll need to match every cup with water, ounce for ounce. Anywho, I'm sure you'll cruise on to another loss soon.
I didn't know you're a grandma - must be nice to be young and a grandparent. I hope you guys enjoy the visit and get to sleep :).
Bless ya!
Hey Karon just hang in there! My weight took an upward bounce this week too - combination of being sick (Nyquil and Pepto must make me retain lots of water!) and the usual monthly cycle. Just stick with it, it will move downward again soon!
Thanks, Diane! Don't know how I made that blunder! ::sigh::
I figured out that tea is NOT water, that's for sure! I had always made sure to drink extra water when drinking tea but didn't last week near the end of the week. I paid for that and now if I drink tea will drink an additional glass of water to make up for it.
And yeah ... a grandma at age 43. She's so darn cute, though, that I don't mind being a grandma. There's a pic of her with me in the family photo album and from there a link to a whole bunch of pics of her. Can't tell I'm proud, now can you?
Big hugs!
Thanks for the feedback, Michelle. I think it may be time for me to retain a bit of water, also. Ah well ... as long as I keep the 100 off I'm happy!
Looking for information and found it at this great site... Camera priced video wholesaler faucet pur Phone directory for joilet illinois Download barcode reader herbal supplements
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. About asthma bomex body kits
Post a Comment