CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 04, 2005

Updates

I didn't log much online time yesterday. We had our granddaughter Cecilia for a good part of the day. She's nine months old now, has two bottom teeth, crawls (and man is she fast), and likes to get into everything. If you'd like to see an updated photo of her, feel free to click on the Family Photo Album link on the right. You'll find a picture of Grandpa holding her and one of her and her Aunt Mandi as well. No new photos of myself there. I'm waiting to post the 100 pounds gone picture! That should be before Thanksgiving.

I went to the doctor yesterday afternoon. He said that he feels the lymph edema on my left thigh has gone down some. Tim and I also thought this was true, but it was nice to have it confirmed. My blood pressure was down a tiny bit ... not enough to be significant but down some. It would probably be a more accurate read if they had a blood pressure cuff that actually fit and nurse put it on as snugly as it should be. The darn thing always has to pump up (it's mechanical) at least three times and it kills my arm. He said to continue to "try to lose weight" at which point I really wanted to kick him! Damn, as of today I've lost 96 pounds (but two of them won't be official until my Sunday weigh-in) in ten months and he says "continue to try". I really don't like doctors! Ah well ... he also said to continue with my walking and that's about all that can be done for the lymph edema. Some blood was drawn to check my potassium levels and a script for potassium pills (due to taking the water pills) was written. I'll wait to fill it when I hear back that I actually need them. I don't typically eat bananas. I love them but every time I add them as my fruit, I gain weight. I also don't eat potatoes very often due to triggering hunger the next day so the potassium pills may be the option I have to go with for now. GREAT! Another pill to add to the regimen. :D

I'm in a little better spirits today. Gosh, look at all who stopped by in the last couple days to encourage and support me. How can that not lighten my mood? Thanks to all you who stopped by and left me a comment.

Today may be a busy day. Have to get Tim up and moving shortly. Need to run a paper to the local social security office so Mandi doesn't lose her benefits when she turns 18 next month. (Is she really going to be 18? DANG where did the time go?) Figure we may as well go out for breakfast since we're going out. Then we have to get gas in the truck (right now at $2.22 gallon here in my area). A trip to get the oil changed and I'm thinking a walk around Target or Meiier for some added steps on the pedometer. That should take us up to lunch time. Maybe another meal out and dinner at home tonight.

I also added a new inspirational poem I came across to my Inspiration page linked on the right. This one is a somewhat religious one, so if you aren't into that, you may want to skip it. If you want and have a moment, check it out. I hope each of you has a great day!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

You're doing fantastic, Karon! Keep up the good work! Have a wonderful weekend too. Weather here in IL is supposed to be pretty nice:)

Karon said...

Paul...I hope you also have a great weekend. I'm doing the best I can to boost my walking. I'm doing okay.

Lisa...It sure is supposed to be nice here in IL. Looking a lot like that rain they are forecasting outside right now, though. I just hope the storms aren't too severe. I don't mind rain, but storms are not a big favorite of mine. Have a great weekend, sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Karon - your pics are great! Your daughters and granddaughter are beautiful!

Keep up your walking! I am ordering my pedometer so we will challenge each other!

Karon said...

Oh honey! Thanks for the comments about my girls. I think they're beautiful but then they're my girls! ;)

I haven't been doing as well on my walking this week. I think I pulled a muscle in the back of my upper thigh and it's been giving me fits. I backed off but vow to get back at it in the morning. Matter of fact, I'm going to walk twice a day. Once first thing in the morning with Fancy Pants and then again later on with Tim. That will get me up to a quarter mile twice per day. Woo hoo!

I'm sure Paul will present a much greater challenge in the pedometer dept. I will do what I can though.

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Baccarat ses cimetires militaires Retirement planning calculators retirement calculators Hand quilted jacket patterns Free stationery to add to email pages 2006 world series of poker las vegas Electronic roulette tampering 450 sel 6.9 mercedes poker Ehs humidifier pda wireless applications Phendimetrazine buy cheap online nutritional supplements fallout boy headphones