Today was a pretty quiet day. The kids went to work to help paint a room that will serve as banquet facilities for the holidays. Tim and I relaxed around the house and then headed out to run an errand or two.
We were going to get my eyes examined and order new eyeglasses. I suspect I may need bi-focals, but for sure my eyes are worse than they were when I got this pair of eyeglasses I'm currently wearing. We went to a facility that is supposed to take the state medical insurance. I was told I'd have to wait for an appointment in February. It really ticked me off because if I wanted to pay the $44 in cash, they would take me right then. This smacks of discrimination to me. "Oh you are a loser on state insurance. The state takes their sweet time to pay their bills so we're going to only take XX number of state insured patients per month and sorry. We just don't have any openings until February." Man! That's the main issue I have with this state insurance. The governor of Illinois has been saying how wonderful this insurance is and all children in Illinois should be covered by it, however, he doesn't tell you how damn hard it is to find a provider for anything you need to have done. I bet if his family was covered by it, he'd get off his ass and do something to make the providers take the insurance and stop treating people who are on the state insurance like they are lower class citizens. This has been an ongoing problem in this state for a very long time! I've been aware of it for at least 16 years.
We went out for lunch and I made good choices. Had a grilled tenderloin sandwich and a salad. Then I had a few onion rings. I won't feel guilty about it because I wanted them and they tasted good. What I do feel badly about is the turtle sundae I had after the meal. I can only say I must have lost my mind!
We went to see the movie "Yours, Mine, & Ours". It was pretty good, but not nearly as good as the original with Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda. Tim and I laughed and there were a couple somber moments but all in all, not a bad way to spend a couple afternoon hours. I did not have any of Tim's popcorn, though I did have a couple sips of his diet soda.
Mandi rented "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" for me yesterday. We'll spend the evening watching that so she can return it. I'm really looking forward to it as I know it will make me laugh more. I enjoy watching Steve Martin and having John Candy in it as well is a bonus.
I'll report my weight tomorrow because that's my official weigh-in. Right now I don't know what the scale is going to show. I was okay as of this morning, showing a slight loss from last Sunday. I have no idea what the scale will say on the morrow.
Saturday, November 26, 2005
Quiet Saturday
Posted by Karon at 11/26/2005 05:10:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment