CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Two in one day?

Wow! Can't believe I'm posting again today.

We ended up taking the paperwork to the dealership today. They did not get us financing where they said they would but it did end up okay. Everything is now signed and sealed and done so the car is now ours ... along with the payments!

I had an excellent day today. I woke up feeling lighter. You all who are in the process of losing weight know what I'm talking about. I dressed in nicer clothes than usual (applying for jobs) and Tim got up early to go with me. He waited in the car at the first stop. I had to park about half a block away from the place but managed to arrive there still breathing comfortably. That was a good NSV for me. I had to take a typing test ... scored 57 wpm with 4 errors. Unfortunately, though they still have an ad running in the paper, they didn't have any jobs right now. The owner seemed impressed, though and said he'd keep my info as he expects the business to grow soon. Woo hoo!

Then we went to that local department store for me to apply. Their application was on a computer system set up in the store. Again, I had to park quite a ways from the door but made it inside and where I was going without huffing and puffing. I felt so proud of me! Man, what a doosy of an application. Had to answer almost 70 ethics questions. Some of them were tricky but being as I'm not exactly stupid I knew what they were looking for. I guess now I wait to see if they call me for an interview.

We had the baby again for a couple hours this afternoon. She was so darn cute. She makes it awfully hard to stay mad at her. My house is beginning to look funny because we keep picking things up and putting them out of her reach. I would rather teach her to leave things alone but don't want to be saying NO all day long every time she's here. She has also learned how to open cabinet doors. Oh joy! Gonna have to get some rubber bands to keep those closed.

All in all, I had a great day. I'm proud of my accomplishments and feel really good. I felt better today than I have in a very long time. Oh ... and the scale moved down this morning. Now if only I can hold onto that number until Sunday. If not, it's okay but it would be nice.

I'll say have a great holiday to those of you who may be visiting before I make my official well wishes in the morning. Enjoy the day and know that it isn't about the food. Enjoy your family and friends ... look at yourself with gentle eyes ... forgive your slips ... make the best choices you can ... and keep on going! That's what I'm going to do!

5 comments:

Shirley said...

I had to take an ethics test for a job once. The person who reviewed the test told me I was either the most honest person they ever met, or the biggest liar. I lasted there a week because they assumed everyone was out to steal from them. I had a great deal of satisfaction knowing the hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash I processed for them balanced exactly to the penny when I quit. I don't think I want to work for someone who questions my ethics before they've even met me.

But on the other hand, when you need a job, you do what you have to do.

Anonymous said...

Just checking in, my friend! Sounds like you did have a great day! Congrats on the car and all the walking! I will be sending good thoughts on the jobs. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Karon said...

suzi...You're right, of course. I'd prefer not to work for a company that questions your ethics from the start but I guess at least I'd know what they are looking for. It isn't somewhere I'd want to work forever, but it would at least bring in money until I can find something else. That's the goal for now!

Paul...I would also like to get the first job over the second. I did one of these ethics tests back when I worked for a major cell phone company as well. Seems the larger companies think everyone is out to get them. Go figure!

Michelle...Thanks! Good thoughts are always appreciated.

Valerie said...

Enjoy the new car Karon, now that it's finally yours. Good luck with the jobs. I'm looking for a second myself so I know how stressful that is. I'm so pleased to hear the comments about you walking without huffing and puffing. I know what a tremendous sucess that is for you. You have come a long way for sure. Sometimes the best successes are the little ones since they mean so much in the day to day routine of your life. You're really doing more than losing weight, you're gaining a whole new quality of life. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »