Today begins week 53 for me on this journey. Many changes have occurred over the last year. My actual anniversary date for starting to eat the Nutrisystem foods is February 2nd but I started to watch what I was eating last January.
This week's weigh in I dropped one more pound. I'm fine with that. If you're a regular reader, you know I had a bit of a rough spot or two this week. There was the day I ate at Chili's and didn't bother to track calories, there was the three days of the monthly monster, and there was the emotions all out of whack. I was lucky to lose the one pound!
In the month of January, I shed fifteen pounds. That gives me an average loss per week of 3.75 pounds and I really can't complain about that. Well, I could but what purpose would that serve? In one year I have dropped 122 pounds. I say dropped because I didn't lose them. I damn sure don't want to find them ever again! That gives me an average loss over the year of 2.34 pounds which most of you know is right about the recommended average weight loss by the 'professionals'.
I wasn't sure I was going to make my pedometer challenge this week. I managed to squeak it out, though. My goal was to average a minimum of 2,000 steps per day and the pedometer shows the average was 2031 steps per day. I'll take it and keep going. I think I'll shoot for an avearge of 2200 steps this week, just because!
Other than all that, I guess there isn't much more to say. Life is moving along. Still no word on the job interview. They said I would hear back by February 1 so I guess I'll wait and see. If I don't hear anything by then, I may give them a call. I'm trying to hold onto hope, but it's rough to keep the faith. I also didn't make that mystery mini-goal, hence you didn't hear about it this week. Maybe I'll be back in the groove again this next week and can announce it then. I hope so. Stay tuned for more on that and of course, I'm now only 8.5 pounds from making my mini-goal of being under 400 by March 1st. On I go ...
Sunday, January 29, 2006
52 Weeks Later
Posted by Karon at 1/29/2006 01:09:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh, Karen. You are simply amazing. What fantastic work you have done over these past 52 weeks. There is no doubt you will hit your March 1 goal. You are just going to blow past it. I can't wait until you do.
Bob...Thanks for the encouragement. I'm ready to get below 400 because I'll know that I'm moving on toward getting the next 100 pounds off. Slow and steady has worked for me this far!
Jeanne...Thanks, sweetie. I don't know quite how I managed it, but I did it. Now I get to focus on the nine pounds I need to lose to get to my mini-goal. I'm hoping I can get there sooner instead of taking the whole month, but if it does, it's only time, right?!
Karon, you are "*results not typical" :)
You are so amazing. You're going to make this mini-goal and so many others along the way. I'm so happy for you.
Wow Karon! What a great year you had last year...and already 15 pounds into your second. You are awesome! Good Luck with the pedometer....but I know ya can do it!! Great Job!
Diane...That made me smile, thanks!
Valerie...I'm working my way toward a few mini-goals right now. A couple are dangling right there within my grasp!
Mandy...Thanks for being along on my journey. I'm eager for that 8.5 lbs to be gone as well so you can bet I'll be continuing.
Paul...Thanks!
Jamie...Thank you. I did have a great year last year. Now I just have to keep going so that this year ends with the same results.
Post a Comment