Kicked off my Monday with good ole Richard Simmons. I was going to skip it but just couldn't make myself do that. So in the tape went and voila! When I finished with that I went ahead and did 60 bicep curls, 30 lying ham curls, and 15 standing adductions. That last one is done standing and you raise your legs out to the side one at a time 15 times. Was supposed to do two reps, but felt like I was going to fall after the first one, so I quit. For me, that was quite a bit of movement.
We didn't make it to the grocery store, so Tim and I went and did the grocery shopping. We had to park quite a ways from the front door and I made it all the way in without even thinking about it. I also made it out, loaded the groceries into the trunk, and then helped carry them in when we got home. I even stood up to put the groceries away! Usually, I drag my desk chair to the counter and sit down to put everything away.
I'm finding it easier and easier to stand up to do things. I am also standing for longer periods of time without complaint. Little by little, I'm realizing that I AM making progress and it feels darn good!
Monday, January 30, 2006
Moving Monday
Posted by Karon at 1/30/2006 06:24:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You are doing so well. Isn't it great to have something make you feel good and know that your making progress.
"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels"
Vicki...Thank you. A friend sent that to me via e-mail and it seemed fitting for my journey. Glad you like it.
Mandy...Thanks! I vowed at the beginning of January to do my Richard tape every day for the entire month. I think I missed three days so feel pretty good about keeping my word. I have a couple of tapes I can choose from and will make a decision soon about how I will continue. I know I have to keep doing the tapes because some days that's the most movement I get other than walking from here to there.
Paul...You bring tears to my eyes, my friend. Yes, the things that most take for granted are very hard for me and it's one of the things that keeps me going. I want to be able to climb that five flights of stairs with you. One day, we will do it!
Janet...It does feel good to be doing things a year ago I didn't do. We'd shop and the groceries would have to be carried in by Tim or I'd have to plan getting home at the same time our daughter got home from school just to carry them in for me. Progress is good. And I've never ever understood that old Weight Watchers quote ... what does thin feel like exactly? I've never ever been thin a day in my life. Maybe, someday I'll finally get it. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. So many come, read, and move on. Your support means a LOT!
Jeanne...Thank you. It's hard for me, sometimes to remember where I started. I don't remember now, but just yesterday I was talking with my hubby and commenting about doing something I couldn't do a year ago and just realized yesterday! I'm still wearing the same clothes, though they are getting baggy. One day I will do something with one pair of my 'start pants'. As for how far I've come in pounds ... I do have a pretty good mental picture and when I get a few more pounds off, I'll be posting about it here in my blog. That's my mystery mini-goal I've hinted about several times. It's coming, but I have to wait just a bit longer. Thanks for the suggestion!
I'm so glad that your noticing how much easier things are getting for you and how much more you're doing. That is so much more important than the number on the scale, you're getting back toward having a more normal life and that's wonderful. You're doing great with Richard as well.
Aw my friend - way to go! Can't believe 52 weeks under your belt. Way to go with all the walking and moving! Just keep picturing the day we hike the grand canyon!
Not even God made everything in just one day Karon...
Just hang on and keep walking. 'Cause I KNOW that little by little you will reach your goals.
Take care hunny!
And...Just a quick note...
I haven't been around a lot.
That's because I have some trolls ruining my existence.
I just might delete my blog and do a new one under other name... I don't know.
I'm just thinking on what to do. Any idea guys?
I'll give myself a few weeks to decide what the hell I'm going to do. =0(
But I'll try to come to visit you and my other Nutri Friends.
Valerie...Thanks. I do feel the accomplishments are worth noting. I know most people take these things for granted and I feel kind of dumb sometimes shouting about something as simple as standing in line for fifteen minutes, but for me ... it is HUGE!
Michelle...I can't believe I've been at this for 52 weeks, either. Believe me, I think about us hiking in the Grand Canyon at least once a day. I know we're going to do that together and I'm excited about it.
Rachelle...Thanks! I know you, of all the people who post here, remember when I first started and you know how far I have come. I will definitely be hiking the Grand Canyon one day. Thanks for stopping in. I appreciate the support.
Edith...Thank you. I must remember that and I will keep on going. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the trolls. I've been lucky so far. I hate to see my friends deleting their blogs and losing what I feel is a very positive support system. Hope it all works out. Big hugs for you!
Post a Comment