
I'm proud to say I moved with Richard again this morning. That's four days in a row and I'm very proud of myself. I didn't feel like doing it this morning, but have committed to moving and so I did it anyway. I will say if it warms up again, which they are saying may happen near the beginning of next week, I may take a day off and walk instead. I'd really like to do an every other day with Richard and walking. We'll see if the weather will cooperate.
I also did some strength training exercises. I did two sets with fifteen reps in each set of the following exercises. I did bicep curls. I did not use any weights right now (not that I have any to use but understand I can use soup cans when the time comes to add weights). I did modified push-ups. Modified in that I did not get up on my knees. I just used my shoulders and arms to lift my upper body as if I were doing a push up. No way could I do that on my knees right now but my day is coming. And I did this exercise called back extensions. These are basically like a curl but done lying on your stomach. You lock your hands behind your head and lift your upper body off of the floor holding for a count of two before slowly lowering yourself back down. Okay, it's a lot like the push-ups I did but the push ups utilized my arms and shoulders.
I kind of have what I fondly call "the heebie jeebies" in my back across my shoulders and upper back. It is that tired creepy crawling feeling one gets sometimes. I get them most often in my legs (diagnosed as restless leg syndrome) but tonight they are in my back big time. I just added the push-ups today and the bicep curls. I'm guessing it's the push-ups that have caused this. No problem. I'm not going to stop doing them. I'll rest the muscles tomorrow and be back at it again on Saturday. Those I will do every other day!
So, there you have. My pitiful attempts at exercise. I know that the more weight I shed, the better it will get so please don't think I'm down on myself. I'm not. I'm doing more now than I was doing one year ago and even one month ago.
Onward I go praying the scale is going to show a drop of at least three pounds this week so I can to 420 and then start on the next ten pounds. I really want to make my goal of 399 by March 1st. I can do this!
Thursday, January 05, 2006
Exercise
Posted by Karon at 1/05/2006 07:26:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
That is great that you made yourself do the exercises.
Shows that you are the one in control!!!
Cool!
Janet
Good for you! I think exercise is the key! Keep up the good work. I think you can make it to 300-ville by March 1st. I'm rooting for you.
Yahoo Karon Look at you go that is great and yes soup cans do work and you can even stand afoot away from the wall and put your hands on the wall and act like you are really doing push ups but standing position you can even do leg stretches near the wall also!!! I can realate with that show that was atrigger for me and got me baffled also but I will worrie about it when I get there.. I missed ya the last few days on your blog but Im still getting a handle on this LOL by the way thanks for the upbeat chat last night I was a wreck lol Yes do watch those carbs they have to be the good carbs and after you exersise is when you need to eat the protiens and sip your water as you exersise have a great 100% day
Look at you go! The movement is just fantastic. It's great that you can see the improvements in yourself, because sometimes we are the last to know. Keep up the great work.
Thanks for the support, All! I am moving and will continue to do so. I have to keep going. I will say that the scale does seem to be going in the right direction this week. Now I just have to hold onto it and keep on going.
I've read back through your blog a bit, and I have to say, you rule! The progress you've made and the honesty with which you write are truly motivational for me. =)!
Oh oh and I just noticed your profile and 'computer games' listed as an interest...what games in particular do you like? I'm really big into a free RPG called RuneScape (www.runescape.com) and am always looking for new people to play with.
I posted earlier but it went into the black bloghole! I'm so proud of the work you're doing - especially modifying everything to suit your needs. You will see results from adding the resistance, and hopefully that'll help with the toning.
I was so blessed by this post. Keep on keep'in on Karon.
cat...I am losing the weight for me. That said, I feel if I'm going to tell my story, I have to be honest about it. We all know the ups and downs of losing weight but so many people only want to talk about the good things. Well I'm here to let it all out and share everything. Thanks for popping in on me and for going back and reading some of the older stuff. I've often wondered if anyone ever does that. I know I do when I start reading someone's blog but rarely do I comment on a post older than a day or two. That's about how many days back I go on my comments.
As for RPG games, I've not played RuneScape but will check it out. I started out at a game that doesn't exist anymore called Pyroto. Most of the members of that community now play a game called BaddeManors (www.baddemanors.com). It is a trivia game with a message board and you have to take part in the community. The other one I've dabbled in but haven't played for a while is Kingdom of Loathing. A lot of my friends from the Manors play there also.
Diane...Thank you. It isn't always easy to modify things but I figure if there's a will there's a way and I'll eventually figure it out. I am going to keep on because that's what I'm meant to do right now. Thanks for all your support.
Keep up the good work hp 92275a laserjet 2p 3p black toner cartridge olathe breast surgery Discount spam filter review win xp Oil filter location mercedes ml 320 Cisco &aposs skate boarding site emergency management training norelco hp6390 personal hair remover Football jewelry Discover cedrit card Advance approval cash instant secure sport lutte marseille buspar por numero de telefon Callcenter zwolle chrystal
Post a Comment