Guess I missed posting yesterday. Not that I remember posting, because I don't. On Sundays, it's easy to remember to post because of it being my weigh-in day. So I post early. The other days of the week, I generally try to wait until the end of the day to post.
So yesterday was a good day. We were supposed to get two inches of snow but none came and our temps are still on the mild side. Tim and I went to Wal-mart and I walked. We were also going to another big department store and Tim was worried I wouldn't be able to walk in both. Ah the man has no faith! We stepped into Wal-mart and I walked right on past the electric carts. We knew what we were there for and where it was. I strolled over and then back to the front of the store. I let Tim stand in the check out line and went to sit in the entryway on a bench to catch my breath. It felt so good to not get on one of those carts!
The second stop doesn't even have the electric carts available so that wasn't an option. I did sit down in the furniture area for a little while as Tim wandered the electronics.
I also worked out with Richard, did two sets of 30 bicep curls, 30 modified push-ups, and 30 lying ham curls. I feel I did a fair job with moving yesterday.
And that brings me to today ... Up very early (4:30 AM) with a back ache. Got up and 'watched' CMT and dozed for a couple hours. Then I went back to bed for an hour so was actually up a little later than normal. I was not going to do my Richard workout this morning. I really wasn't in the mood and had told myself it's Saturday, the last day of the week, and I deserve the break. Then I thought about what I did last night.
I've been craving ice cream for weeks now. Last night on the way home, I caved into the craving and had a hand-dipped vanilla milkshake from Hardee's. Drank it on the way home and then hopped online to see how many calories I had taken in. OMG! That darn craving cost me 710 calories! It put me over my daily limit the entire 710 calories. What was I thinking? On top of that when I realized how many fat grams were also in the milkshake, believe me, I won't be doing that again! It wasn't even all that good. :P
Lesson learned ... when I'm craving ice cream I'm better off just buying some low fat non sugar ice cream (Blue Bunny has great flavors) and eat it or make my own milkshake with it at home. I can control the portion size and the calories and fat. Expensive lesson, and one I hope won't kill me on the scale tomorrow. I was doing so darn well this week, too! ::sigh:: Ah well, stuff happens and I'm only human.
We have plans to go out today somewhere and do some walking. Don't know where yet, but it's going to happen. I think I may even make my pedometer challenge of at least 2000 steps every day this week averaged. We'll see in the morning!
I'm very close to two mini-goals. The first will be a surprise and should happen definitely by the end of next week. Watch here for more about that as it happens. The second is the goal of being under 400 pounds by March 1st. That is definitely going to happen. And it feels great to be approaching both of them. Soon, I'll have to post my 150 pounds gone pictures and that's going to be wonderful!
Woo hoo ... gotta keep going!
Saturday, January 21, 2006
Hmmm ....
Posted by Karon at 1/21/2006 10:56:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hi Karon! Just ran across your blog today...fabulous! What wonderful news that you were able to skip the electric carts!! The milkshake is no match for all that walking!! 710 calories? When I have a craving, I'm lucky to not double or triple that number! Good luck to you and thanks for the inspiration.....Jamie
Jamie...Thanks for stopping by. Hope to get to hear from you more. I have bookmarked your blog and will get to it shortly. It felt pretty great to walk past those electric carts. Sometimes I rely on them, especially for large grocery shopping days when I know I won't make it through the store. I do know one day I won't ever need them again!
Mandy...Thanks sweetie! Ice cream can be a big trigger for me. Last summer, Tim and I would go to a local little stand that sells hand dipped sugar free and low fat ice cream. My fav is the butter pecan because it brings back memories of childhood. We'll kick things into motion, yet!
Paul...Thanks for the kudos on the exercise. I've been true to my word and worked out with Richard every day this month, but three. And it feels good to do it even when I just don't want to!
I saw the calories in that milkshake and just about kicked myself. I told Tim yesterday when we stopped at McDonald's for a bottle of water and him a diet Coke "You know, I could have saved myself a LOT of calories by having a McD's soft serve cone without the cone. Taste would have been similar and Paul says that's only 150 calories." Tim will definitely be remembering that for me! Back on track with the very next meal so no biggie.
And the mysterious goal should be unveiled within the week. It won't be an official weigh-in per ser, but it will involve a weigh-in. Stay tuned! :D
ah Karon! Great job on the walking and exercise! I too, gave in to ice cream and french fries yesterday and now I am paying for it big time. Not weight gain, but stomach and intestinal upset! Not used to all that rich and fatty food now days! We all veer off sometimes, just got to get right back on track!
Ah Michelle, I'm sorry to hear about the tummy problems. When I indulge in something with a lot of fat in it, I find it makes me have an upset tummy. Funny, we need some fat to keep from having gall bladder problems, but too much makes us feel sick. Hang in there, honey!
Post a Comment