I have finished fifty weeks following the Nutrisystem program. In that fifty weeks, I have shed 116 total pounds as of today. Yes, I had another good loss this week. As a matter of fact, I met Mr. Wonderful's suggestion (in my comment section a few days ago about getting to goal this year) head on and dropped another 4.5 pounds. Now I know I won't be able to continue at this rate, and I don't think it would be healthy to lose at that rate or the skin problem I'm so concerned about will be even worse, but I'm happy to have a couple good weeks to kick off the new year! This means I'm losing an average of 2.32 pounds per week and that's a great thing!
Looking ahead to my March 1 goal of weighing less than 400 pounds, I do believe I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. I have six weigh-ins between now and the first of March with 14.5 pounds to get rid of to meet my goal, putting me at 399.5 which is under 400. I need to drop about 2.5 lbs per week (actually 2.41 for you math minded people) to meet that mini-goal. As I've said since the first of the year, I'm going for it!
Stick around and stop by at least weekly to see if I make my goal. Every day I creep a little bit closer. I believe I'll make it. The odds are for it. Now I just have to keep working at it.
On a side note, I've been counting calories for a while now and for the last couple weeks my calories have been a bit higher than they had been. I was actually pretty freaked out about it last week and then dropped 4.5 pounds. I didn't try to recreate that loss this week, but just continued to eat as I had been and again another 4.5 pounds is gone. You may be wondering how many calories I'm consuming. It's an average of right around 2000 calories per day. I'm thinking 1500-1800 calories were not enough for my body right now. My metabolism is waking up. And the working out with the dreaded Richard every day is likely helping as well. I will continue on, aiming for 1800 calories per day but not freaking out if I go a bit over.
Still not doing so well with the pedometer challenge but I remember my friend Paul reminding me that I'm working on other things right now. I'm not going to get too caught up in the steps right now but will certainly continue to try increasing them daily. I just found out a friend of mine is reading books and poetry that can be downloaded to my computer in MP3 format for free. I'm thinking this may very well be something I can then copy to a CD and listen to in my disc player when I can walk outside again. Someday I'll have an MP3 player and will be able to download them to there. Less bulky, holds more content. I'm looking forward to walking if I can listen to a favorite book, or even a classic I've not read before, while I walk. For any who are interested, this is a free service that anyone can contribute to if you have the time and materials needed. You can find the library here ... Librivox .
Sunday, January 15, 2006
Week 50 is behind me
Posted by Karon at 1/15/2006 09:10:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
WAY TO GO MY FRIEND!! Wow Wow WOW! I am so proud of you! Keep up the great work and the great attitude!
Karon,
You are doing so well. Congrats on your continued success!!! I know you will be in thirtyland by March!
Take Care.
Darlene
Hey, I've been MIA for a few days, thought I'd stop by and say hey! =) I'm looking forward to the end of February as well and my mini-goal! I know we'll both get there!
I haven't blogged in while and I thought I would see how you are doing. Looks like you are doing great! That is so wonderful! You are quite an inspiration! I am hoping to get 100 pounds off in the next few weeks. I actually got my 18 year old and 13 year old sons to do the 2 Mile Walk Diet with me this morning. It was fun! Not that they need to lose weight, but it was more fun doing it with them than by myself. I'm hoping the 13 year old will do it with me every day from now on. (The 18 year old is on the Varsity Swim Team and usually swims miles and mles every day, but today was a day off.) Keep up the great work!
Missy (NS Liketoride)
365/275/115
You're doing great. Those calories can be tricky things. I'm glad you found a range that is working for you.
I swear that I did a reply to my comments earlier today but now they are missing. What the heck happened with that?! Ah well, back to the drawing board.
Michelle... Thanks, honey. On I go ... looking forward to a trip to AZ and no looking back.
Jeanne...I have to keep going. I cannot let life interfere with my ultimate objective which is to get to my goal. One day at a time and I'll get there.
Darlene...Thank you. I'm really looking forward to 399. Who knew I'd be so excited to weigh 399?
Paul... You and Mr. Wonderful are my math men! I realize the extra calories could mean less weight loss but it also could mean more since I wasn't losing in the lower calorie range. I'll just give this one a try for another week or so and see how it goes.
Cat... I've missed you. Thanks for popping back in. We will both get to our mini-goals, set new ones, and keep on going!
Missy...How great that your children walked with you. I always find it easier to walk when someone else is with me.
Valerie...Thanks, honey. I'm going to work it a little while longer and see what happens.
Very nice site! »
Post a Comment