CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A more active day and a recipe

Today was a much more active day. With Ceci here, I managed to get almost 3,000 steps on my pedometer. That little gal keeps me hopping. She's toddling now with such a proud expression on her little face. She kept us in stitches today getting into this and that. She also has learned to turn the television off but isn't interested in turning it back on. That was a bit of a frustration for poor grandpa today!

After she went home, we went out for dinner. Tim was craving ice cream so after, we made a trip to the grocery store. I walked right past the electric carts at the entrance. This was in spite of the fact that I twisted my right knee getting out of the car at dinner and it hurt like the dickens! I walked from the entrance on one side of the store all the way across the store to the ice cream aisle. He ended up getting Edy's sugar free cookie dough so I had 1/2 cup for a late dessert. It was pretty good and I still was within my calorie range.

I did not do my workout with Richard this morning. I just couldn't make myself do it today. I did do another video I have that is pretty old (probably about 15 years). I had to stand up to do it, instead of sitting with Richard, and it was quite challenging for me even though it's pretty low impact. I managed to get through about ten minutes of the tape and felt quite proud of that!

Now ... I posted yesterday about Tangy Lemon Bars and a couple of you expressed interest in the recipe. It's from a diabetic cookbook and the bars look like this when done ...



That picture is actually two servings. They are small but so good!

Tangy Lemon Squares
(Makes 16 Servings)

3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup Splenda or Equal
1/8 tsp salt
6 tbsp cold stick butter or margarine (I used I Can't Believe it's Not Butter spread)
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1 tsp vanilla

Combine dry ingredients and then cut butter into mix until mixture resenbles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle with the lemon peel and vanilla. Mix with hands to form dough.

Press dough evenly on bottom and up 1/4 inch sides of 8 inch square baking pan. Bake in preheated oven at 350 F for 8-10 minutes. Cool.

2 eggs or 1/2 c egg beaters
3/4 cup Splenda or Equal
1/2 cup real lemon juice
4 tbsp butter, melted (again I used the ICBINB spread)
1 tbsp grated lemon peel

Beat eggs and splenda/equal. Add in lemon juice and melted butter. Mix well. Pour into baked pastry.

Bake until lemon filling is set, about 15 minutes. Cool and serve.

Nutrients per serving: 1 square
Calories 97
Total Fat 8 g (however probably lower using the ICBINB and egg beaters
Sodium 101 mg
Carbohydrates 5 g
Protein 2 g

On a dietary exchange diet this counts as 1/2 starch and 1 1/2 fat servings.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Way to go Karon! Congrats for trying that new (well old, ya know what I mean) excersice tape. :) Again way to go! And the Lemon Bars look and sound delish! Thanks

Valerie said...

Yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Nissan auto paint Account internet merchant washington provider Cisco win me wireless driver crossm country moving companies Brakes gmc

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »