CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 06, 2006

Feeling better already

I made a small adjustment to my food plan and it seems to have helped. I added an extra protein to breakfast and lunch, for now. In another week or so, I'll drop the extra one at lunch and see what happens. I want to give my body time to adjust. I also think that I'm fine with the calorie range that puts me in and if the scale is any indication (which I think you'll agree it is) I'll be reporting a loss on Sunday morning so it's all good.

I want to thank everyone for all the comments and suggestions. I knew if I put it out there, you would all step up and tell me what you thought, not necessarily what I wanted to hear, but what you thought. That's what friends are for!

I worked out with Richard this morning. I would have thought it would be getting a little easier by now, but my arms started to burn at the same point as they have since I started working out with him again. I guess I really should be happy about that! It shows I'm actually working the muscles and doing some good. The burn isn't anything I haven't been able to push through, either.

I didn't do my strength training exercises today but will back at them in the morning. I wanted to give my muscles a little break since I had the aching back most of the day yesterday. It seems to have been a good choice but I'm not going to give up on those.

I've been 100% since the 2nd of January. I have a small group of challengers in my Nutri-Tiers group doing the challenge with me. I really should do a post checking in to see how they're all doing. From the sound of things, in the various blogs, they're all doing just fine. I'm also participating in another challenge in a women's group where we are Marching into March. For that one my goal is to get to 399 by the first of March. No big surprise there! That's been my next mini-goal since I hit the 100 pounds gone mark.

So on I go. Again, thanks for all the great support you guys provide. I can't tell you enough how much it means to me to come to my blog and find comments waiting for me. It is especially great when I'm having a bad day. I know that people care about me and that makes me feel good and more determined than ever to keep going.

I do have one other thing that's going to push me along and that's a trip to AZ when I reach goal to meet my dear friend and avid supporter Michelle and the rest of the Nutri-Tiers in person. I'm going to work very hard to hit my goal in 2007 guys, but I hope you won't be too disappointed if it doesn't happen until early 2008. Know that I'm working on it and meeting you all and spending time getting to know you in person means the world to me.

I also have at least two other trips in the works when I hit goal. My good friend Consuelo and I have a date to hit Disney in Orlando and ride every ride! I'm very excited about this one because Consuelo has been there for me since the beginning.

The other trip I have planned is one to meet a good friend named Billie who is also doing NS. She doesn't read here, or at least I'm pretty sure she doesn't, but she has done a lot in the last couple months to motivate and encourage me. She's inspired me and I got her walking. She lives in FL in a senior community. She doesn't walk well without holding onto something but told herself if I could do it, so could she. She now walks baby "Rockhead" regularly and is doing wonderfully with it. Baby "Rockhead" is actually a large rock she has a face on that she puts in a stroller and walks with. Clever gal, she is and I can't wait to meet her one day!

I really enjoy my NS friends. So many of you are like family to me now. I've known you guys no longer than eleven months, yet I feel I've known some of you a lot longer than that. You are without a doubt what keeps me going every day. Thanks again for being here and showing me you care by commenting.

5 comments:

x said...

You don't know how much I giggled when I read that you had a pom named Fancy Pants...as I add 'pants' to everything. We call Pablo 'Chompy' frequently because he likes to attack strangers a bit too much :-/. My package did finally arrive, just before 3pm when I had to leave! I had my first NS dinner and dessert last night, tuna casserole and the cherry cordials. This morning I had the oatmeal...and I'm surprised how fab the food is.

I get to start exercise today...and I'm a little apprehensive, I'll definitely update later! =)

Shelley said...

I was just thinking it has been over a year now since you and I have been at this glad your still on board

Monica said...

Hi Karon,
Loved reading your post! Bob and I talk about your progress and want you to know that you're such an inspiration. I hope someday to get to meet you in person.

I need to up my movement. I haven't gotten back on the treadmill since the beginning of December so I know it will be slow going when I do.

Have a great weekend!
~^..^~

Shirley said...

I always enjoy your posts here. Thanks for being a great motivator - many times I've been tempted to let something slide, and I remember we are in this together, and I keep going.

Karon said...

cat...She was a year old when we got her. She was already named Fancy. All of my animals have always had to have 'middle' names. She prances when she walks and Pants just seemed to fit so Fancy Pants she became!

So glad you got your package and got started. I have to agree that the food isn't bad at all. Glad you're pleased with it!

Rachelle...My one year anniversary is actually February 2nd. Yep, almost a year now and still going; just like the Energizer bunny!

Monica...Hi, sweetie! I'm glad I can inspire you. One day we will meet in person. We talked in chat last Monday evening and decided we'll meet in AZ at Michelle's resort when I make it to goal. I'm guessing that's going to happen sometime late 2007 or early 2008. If we don't get to meet before then, perhaps that will be the date. Until then, know I'm here for you and I'm going to keep chugging along!

Suzi...What a sweetie. It is such a blessing to hear that I am inspiring and motivating others. I figure if I help one other person to get to goal, I've made a huge accomplishment. To be helping so many I just feel blessed. We are in this together and beyond!