It was a busy day, today. Cecilia came over about 6:15 this morning. Her mom tried to keep her asleep but it didn't work. She was wide awake and rearing to go! Eventually, grandpa got up and we ended up at the park. It was the first time she had been to a park and we had so much fun.
She hadn't walked on any surface other than carpet and hard surfaces. Seeing her tentatively step on the grass was too cute! She had a lot of fun riding on the spring horses and sliding half-way down the slide. She also giggled and babbled on the swings. Naturally, she had a baby swing, so swinging wasn't new. But her favorite was sitting on the merry-go-round with grandpa while I pushed them. Round and round she went. Then I'd push her around the opposite direction to help lessen the staggering effects. She really enjoyed that and it's the one thing she went back to for a second turn. There wasn't anyplace to sit down near where she was playing, so I had to do a lot of standing. We were there for about an hour and I sat down for maybe fifteen minutes of it. Just one more indication of how far I've come.
It was a beautiful day here in central Illinois. The sun was shining and we had a gentle breeze. It was about 70 today and we're headed up to the mid 70s tomorrow. Ceci will be here for the whole day again tomorrow. Maybe we'll go to the park again.
Had a major stress evening yesterday. Triggered a desire to eat today but I fought it off. I think having Ceci here helped. I did manage to log 3500 steps just running after her today. Had I done my walk with Leslie, I would have logged the 5000 but with the baby here I just didn't have time.
Monday, April 10, 2006
At the park
Posted by Karon at 4/10/2006 11:00:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'm glad you had a good time with Ceci at the park. Sometimes distractions like that are a blessing when we're stressed. I hope you enjoy being with her again today. It's nice to get the little ones out in the fresh air when it's nice out because it does such a beautiful job of tiring them out for their naps!
Post a Comment