CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Got the phone call

This morning, stomach tied in knots, I called the job I really want. Darn it all! I got his voice mail again. Does the man ever work in his office?! Left a voice mail saying I was wondering what was going on as I had not heard anything in a week now. Advised him I have been offered a temporary position here but would much rather work for his organization. Asked that either he or the woman who knew me call me back as soon as possible so we could discuss what's going on.

This afternoon the phone rang and it was Evelyn, the woman who knows me. She said how good it was to hear my voice and "almost welcome back". We talked about how long I'd been gone and how it didn't seem possible. Then she asked if I could come for an interview on Monday at 10. Can I come? I'll be there for sure!

Near the end of the interview, if there's no indication of whether or not I'm getting the job, I'm going to ask her if I have a chance at all. I'm going to explain that I really want this job and am ready to start any day she says she needs me but I really need to know if I should hope or just give up now. I don't know if it's the thing to do or not, but this woman was once a friend of mine and I feel pretty comfortable asking her this.

Tim and I are talking about going up on Sunday, meeting our best friends for dinner, and then spending the night. That way we don't have to leave at the crack of dawn or rush to get there on time. I'm hoping we can convince Mandi to come with us. She's been thru a lot lately with breaking up with her boyfriend and I think she could use some time away from here.

So ... I'll keep you all posted. I have to figure out what to tell the job here about starting on Monday since I'm not going to be here to start. I just don't want to let this job go until I'm sure I'm going to have the one I want. Actually, after some discussion with Tim I've decided to say I fogot Tim has an appointment with a specialist on Monday that cannot be changed. It's not exactly the truth and I'm not in the habit of not being truthful, but it is at least plausible.

About the current photo for my profile here on blogger ... I took that photo last week of myself. I was pretty distressed when I look at it as a big picture. My face has wrinkles it has never had before. Poor Tim. He can't see them, his vision is so bad. But I know they're there and I'm not happy about them. Guess I have more of that to look forward to as I drop more weight. I'm not going to let it totally discourage me, though. On I trudge.

Anyway, that's my news for today!

8 comments:

Shirley said...

Regarding the wrinkles -

One day about a month ago I freaked out because I looked a lot older over night! I mean, I am not used to the wrinkled look at all!! Then after about a week it went back to the way I'd always looked.

Do you think my skin is shrinking too? That would be sort of cool if I can get through this without looking like a Shar-Pei.

Janet said...

Nothing wrong with having wrinkles. I have a bunch. Of course I am 64 years old:-)
I bet you will be very glad when this is all over.
Asking your friend if you have a chance is a good approach.
My fingers are crossed and I am saying prayers for you.

Karon said...

Suzi...Thanks for the laugh honey. I most definitely think we can both make it and not look like a Shar-Pei! Too damn funny.

Janet...I've been waiting for someone to tell me that wrinkles show character. Sure am glad no one has cuz that's not what I want to hear for sure!

I'll be glad when the job situation is complete and I am back at work. Some days it all is just too much. Thanks for the prayers and crossed fingers. I've been doing the same for a while now.

Jeanne...Thank you! The wrinkles are visible on my computer because I can see the picture as normal size. In this photo, they aren't all that visible. I just hope they do fade a little bit. I've been lamenting a lot lately about how old my skin looks.

I'm definitely going to do my best to land this job. The best thing is they already know me so I feel no need to pretend to be something I'm not.

Enjoy the trip to Toronto. Hope you have a wonderful time. I know it's going to feel a lot like work, but I also know you're going to enjoy most of it. I'll be waiting to read a good weigh in for you come Tuesday. Be safe, Jeanne!

Valerie said...

I think the picture looks great too. Everyone looks terrible full size blown up in a picture. Every "nook and cranny" shows up when it's larger. I'm glad you're working hard on the job. It's great to think you might have your pick of 2 after all your long, hard, work.

heavenlydm said...

I like the picture too. Funny, I took a pic of my daughter last week and when I printed it 3x5 it looked really nice, but at 4x6 she looked really different. Let's blame the wrinkles on the camera...lol.

I really hope you get your heart's desire concerning work.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karon,
I've been reading your journal for awhile now after I came across the link to your blong on Jeanne's journal. I figured it was about time I left a comment! LOL I will be saying a prayer that you get this job you want so badly...it sounds like it would be so great if it worked out for you!

As for your weight loss... I am impressed!!! I have quite a bit of weight to lose myself and at this point am not doing much of anything about it. :-( I do find encouragement from coming to your journal and reading about your determination and successes. Thank you for your willingness to share. Keep up the good work!

Nan :-)

Unknown said...

HI Karon, Just stopped in to say hello, I had to catch up on your blog. I have been so blah lately, I got behind. Anyway I hope you get the job you desire. It is stressful to wait and wonder. have fun with your friends!

Karon said...

Valerie...Thank you. I felt kind of goofy taking a picture of myself!

Diane...Yeah, those wrinkles are the fault of the camera. I don't have any wrinkles. At least not on my face! LOL

nan...I'm glad you came out of hiding. Isn't it funny how we can read other's thoughts and get involved, yet say nothing. Thanks for the prayers and the congrats on the weight lost. I'm glad you enjoy my blog.

Barbara...Hi! Glad you got caught up. I can't wait to see my friends. Last time they saw me I weighed 136 pounds more than I do right now!