CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 17, 2006

Doctor Visit and Who Am I?

I went to the doctor this morning for a follow up on my blood pressure. The last couple times I was there it was running 150/94 which she (the physician assistant) said was a bit high. This morning it was only 110/80 and she was quite pleased with that number. Woo hoo! Finally, something went right. I don't have to go back to see the doctor until after my next lab work. She said to come back in about four weeks for a blood draw for a TSH level for checking my thyroid. By then, the last adjustment to my thyroid med should be stable and they'll be able to see if the medication needs to be changed again.

A friend at Sparkpeople asked us to define ourselves without saying we are a wife, mother, sister, etc. This is my definition of who I am right now. It has definitely changed over the years. Once you finish reading who I am, why not tell me who you are?

WHO AM I?

I am a tender soul with a sweet spirit. I am a loyal and supportive friend. I am sensitive and caring. I am educated and smart. I am a good listener. I am a woman with a mission, determined to lose the fat that has kept me hidden from the world. I am a work in progress.

Your turn ...

8 comments:

Valerie said...

I always like the health benefits, they are so much more meaningful even than the scale. It's great to see you're getting both smaller and healthier. That's just fantastic! I love the way you described yourself, I know that I would have a really hard time doing that so I'm glad it was your project not mine.

Jamie said...

First things first! Way to go on the one pound loss! With sleepless nights, I know how hard it is to stay committed!

I am glad you have a plan. I hope everything goes according to said plan!! Here's to hoping you get some feedback from the job you really want.

The new picture is cute....a little dark, but I can still see a great difference in you. Keep up the great work my friend!

Now my turn....

I am a caring and loving person. I have a sweet and sensitive spirit. I am loyal and dependable. A great listener and a homebody!! Someone who is in the middle of making life-style changes and slowly but surely succeeding!! I am proud.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karon!

Congrats on the low blood pressure, all that exercise is helping your heart...yeah.

Who am I???

I am me, my own person....complimented and loved by others but complete by myself. I am content to be wherever I am, open to learn whatever I can.....

I am talkative, positive, energetic, loving, sometimes impatient with people. Most critical and impatient with myself though.

I am beginning to come out of the self induced unhealthy body I've been in since I was in high school. In a month's time I've gone from almost hopeless about my weight to positive about my ability to correct this situation.

Karon, I'm getting ready to come home, have enjoyed my vist but am ready to get back to life in my own home. I'll check in with you when I get back to California.

Karon said...

Valerie...It sure did feel good to have such a good blood pressure reading. I was afraid she was going to do another increase when all I really want is to off that medication.

Jamie...Thanks. Somehow I am remaining on my program and I know I'm going all the way to goal. Having wonderful friends like you and everyone else who comments here is what is making the difference this time around.

Tried to lighten the photo, now it looks distorted. Hmmm ... time for another new one, I guess.

Thanks for sharing with me who you are!

Bill...I was quite happy with the BP result.

Love your description of who you are. It is how I had you pictured, really.

Ann...Have a safe flight back, honey. I know you've had a wonderful visit and totally understand wanting to be back home in your own house with you husband. I wish you safe travels sweetie.

I enjoyed our description of who you are, too. I love that you are your own person and confident that you are complete by yourself. So many of us think we need someone else to help complete who we are. Hugs!

Paul said...

WOW - a lot has happened in the week I was away. I finally am getting caught up tonight. Congrats on the job offer and your plan as to how to handle the situation seems sound. And look at the new photo!! WOWWEE!! And I'm glad you got to spend sometime with your granddaugher and introduce her to the park. And with all that's going on you still managed to lose a pound - congrats!!

As for who I am? I'm not feeling very creative tonight so I guess I will just say "I'm a guy who has fallen behind in his blog reading but finally getting caught up!!"

Keep up the great work and good luck with the job offer(s).

Karon said...

You make me laugh, Paul. Thanks for everything!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

Anonymous said...

What a great site Kenner dental plans answering service national car rental cheap viagra divorce in nevada proactiv Documents buy ionamin web cam Older women with small tits 2005 honda odyssey minivan average weight loss with bontril best rated dishwasher Custom lasik waynesboro Americas best mattress what is ativan Jenna jameson mega post Epson inkjet printer stylus