CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 15, 2006

I KNEW this was going to happen

I got a phone call this morning from the interview yesterday afternoon. I've been offered the job. I KNEW this was going to happen! She has to find out if the job has to be posted internally for ten days. This is a new position because this girl just moved back into the district so the job was never posted.

Now I have to really make the hard decision. I'm going to list the options and would love to have input on this from anyone.

I can call the facility I really want to work at and ask them if they have a timeline for hiring, possibly mentioning that I have been offered another position but would prefer to work for them.

This woman will be calling me on Thurs with starting date info. They are on spring break next week so I would potentially start a week from Monday. I can wait until she calls to see if the other place calls to set up an interview.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to start working for the school (remember it's only a temporary position in the first place) and then quit before the end of the school year but if the other place interviews me and offers me a position, I want that job. I absolutley HATE the way I'm feeling right now. I NEED a job. I WANT to work. Yet, I don't want to have to worry about whether or not I'll have a job come fall. This is driving me NUTS!

So ... if anyone has thoughts, ideas, suggestions, please share them with me and help me to make some sense of this all. I'm tempted to accept this job, and will call off if the other place calls with an interview date. And then if offered a position, if the school year isn't over, I'll be quitting the school job. It's just not fair to them but I have to worry about my family first. UGH!

11 comments:

Shirley said...

I'd be inclined to go with your instinct to take the job, then move on if something better comes along. Whether something comes along in a week or a month or a year, they aren't promising that the position will last forever and you can't promise them that you'll want to do it forever. I wouldn't tell them you may have something else lined up. I've seen it backfire on people.

Hope it works out well for you very soon!

Anonymous said...

If I were you, I would call the place that you do want to work and ask them if there is a timeline. Tell them that you have been offered another job but you would really prefer to work with them. One, it lets them thing you are high in demand and that you aren't afraid to ask questions.

Hope it all works out

Melissa

Janet said...

I think that both Suzie and Melissa are right. Call #1 job and tell them you have been offered the other job (here after known as #2) but really want to work with them. Don't tell #2 about #1.
Anyway, do what you feel comfortable doing. I always pray on stuff and then hope for the best.

Janet said...

I mean Suzi!!
Sorry

Nan said...

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

http://humanities.byu.edu/elc/student/idioms/proverbs/bird_in_the_hand.html

Caré said...

Wow! I logged in all ready to tell yu to contact the one job, take the offered job and quote the bird in the bush, but I see I'm too late!

You've gotten some wonderful advice from everyone and I agree 100%.

Remember, it's just a job . . . (I have to say this to myself from time to time).

Care'

Karon said...

Suzi...Thanks for the input. Tim was saying yesterday that the school wouldn't think twice about firing me if this girl moves next week so I have to think about us and long term.

Melissa...Yeah, I messed up not finding out the timeline for the job I really want. I figure it can't hurt to call and ask. Don't know if I should tell them I've been offered another job or not.

Janet...Yep! What you said is pretty much what I'm thinking.

Nan...Thank you!

Jeanne...Uh huh ... Great minds do think alike! Thanks honey.

Bill...I have to agree. I know I'll feel a whole lot better when I take this in hand and just go with it. I'm not generally a passive person but when it comes to employment I tend to clam up.

Care'...Thank you for reinforcing what everyone else is saying. I knew if I posted here, I'd get lots of feedback and I'm thrilled it's been what I've felt all along!

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone saying tell 'em. Say a prayer - God has a way to make things work for our good.

Congrats on your weight loss!

Happy Easter and Best Wishes!!

Darlene

Karon said...

Thanks Darlene. How you doing, hon?

Anonymous said...

What a great site mexican pharmacy tijuana Complaints razr phone Prevent spyware adware Mini phone trs inline jack mesotherapy lifting Automotive radar detectors honda outboard engine china prepaid phone card sprint phones chicago phone line chat virgin moble phone Microsoft access free training

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »