CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Progress is being made

I did only my walk with Leslie this morning. I didn't feel like listening to Richard so I just left him in his little box today. Tim and I did go to the mall today, though, and I did a lot of walking. It's interesting.

I went to this same mall with Mandi back in December. The last time I had been there, they had sofas and chairs in the middle of the halls all through the mall. They evidentally removed them for more center stores during the holidays. I barely made it down one hall (this mall has four of them and over 250 stores) and thought I was going to collapse, back in December.

Today I made it up and down two halls and then found a place to sit. I had to rest my legs because I felt that my legs weren't going to carry much further. I was able to talk with Tim the whole time we were walking. It felt so good when Tim commented how proud of me he was! Shoot, I was proud of myself. We sat down for me to rest twice. I walked a total of sixty minutes while we were at the mall. My knees are sore and my lower legs are "jumping" a bit but it was worth it. I did take some ibuprofen and it seems to be helping.

I also logged 5500 steps on the pedometer today! Hey, Paul ... do you remember when I used to whine I wasn't ever going to walk more than 1200 steps a day? And what about the doubt I had that I'd ever see aerobic steps on my pedometer? You commented on that recently. This week I logged 10,361 aerobic steps (28,807 total steps for the week) which was 102 total aerobic minutes. Woo hoo!

Yes, indeed! Progress is being made.

I know that the scale is registering a loss tomorrow morning. I'll try to post early for those of you who can't stand the suspense. ::winking:: I will say that it hasn't moved as much as I'd hoped but I think I know why. I increased my exercise but somehow my caloric intake has been less. It wasn't intentional and I'm thinking it may have hurt my loss this week as the last couple days the scale has been stuck on the same number. At least I think I know why so I'm correcting that ASAP!

Lastly, to show progress is being made, I have to go through my closet. My pants are literally sliding down now. I have to hold them up when I exercise and that's just not cool. I know I have a few pair hidden away that I didn't stretch completely out. I also have some pants that have been sent to me but not sure if I can get into them yet. I'll check that as I'm going through things. The t-shirts are getting really baggy and I may have to retire them soon, too.

Enough of my rambling. This has gotten longer than I intended but just had to share my progress with all of you!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Wow, lots of steps and getting rid of baggy clothes. Karon, those are some fantastic NSVs! You're working so hard and you deserve every bit of the progress you're making.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karon!

Sorry I haven't been in touch the past few days, we all came down with the flu and it wasn't pretty! Better now and I'm thrilled to read about your progress, congratulations!!! Wonderful, wonderful....more than wonderful....fantastic!!!

The scale here is broken, literally, so I'm still waiting to see what happens with my weight. Craving the chocolate the last day or two, so imagine someone is coming to visit soon........

My sister-in-law and I have been using the ball workouts for 2 weeks now and I can really tell the difference in my entire body, clothes are getting looser, mudcles are getting firmer. You're going to love that ball more than your husband if you stick with it.....just kidding! It's a great exercise tool though.

That's all from here, just wanted to say congrats to you....you're hard work and success ARE amazing!!

Ann

Karon said...

Valerie...Thank you so much. I do feel more encouraged as I see the progress. Guess that's what keeps me going!

Ann...Sure am glad you checked in. I was starting to get a little worried. So sorry to hear about the flu. You have certainly had more than your share of illness for this trip.

Glad to hear about your own progress. I do need to start using the DVD that came with my ball. I know it will only help me to use muscles I don't know exist yet!

Keep up the good work. I can't wait to hear what your scale reads when you get back home!

Paul said...

Yes I remember when you only got a 1,000 to 2,000 steps in and as I mentioned thought you'd never see the day you'd register aerobic steps. And now over 100 minutes of them in a week. That's almost as many as I did this week!! YIKES!