No post yesterday because again, I had nothing to say. I know some may not believe that, but tis true! I don't have much to say today either.
I do have a job interview tomorrow. Not a job I really want but it would be a job. Thing is it's only until the end of the school year with no idea of whether I'd have a job again come fall. I'm asking myself what is the point, really? It's a one-on-one aide position with a blind severely mentally challenged child. That's all they told me on the phone today. I'll go to the interview but my heart isn't going to be in it. I fear that they'll offer the job then and there. *sigh*
I've been waiting for a call since Tuesday on a job I thought was a sure thing. It was at a place I used to work for about eight years ago. I was in that job for four years and loved it. Saw an ad in the online newspaper and applied. Got a call from the recruiter on Tuesday saying someone I worked with before was now in charge and interested in hiring me back. We talked a little bit and he said he wasn't sure if I was going to interview with him or with the woman. I've been waiting for a call back since.
So, I grabbed the bull by the horns this afternoon and called up there, leaving a message on his voice mail. I basically said I was going to be out all day tomorrow (really only part of it, but I needed a reason for calling him) and wanted to be sure they have my cell phone number in case they try to reach me. Was it the right thing to do? I don't know.
I really want this job. It will mean another move, but we'll still be in Illinois (west Chicago burbs) and only about three hours from here. Far enough away that the girls can't take advantage of dad and I (babysitting on a moment's notice) but close enough to get here in an emergency if needed. This would give us somewhat of a clean start once again and I think both Tim and I are desperately needing that right now.
There! I've gone and posted about it. If it's meant to be, it will be. If not, I just have to keep on. The thing is, I don't want to go this interview, accept a job, and then get a call come Monday for the other. On the other hand, I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket. Seems I have a brewing dilemma. Dang!
Thursday, April 13, 2006
Dilemma
Posted by Karon at 4/13/2006 04:32:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hi Karon:
I have my fingers crossed for you...
Lise
Ah thanks, honey!
Bill...Thanks. I was sitting on my arse when they sent Bucky home. I sure didn't see that one coming! Anyway ... I appreciate the feedback. It's so hard to know what to say or do anymore. I don't know if it's because I feel old or things have just changed that much.
Jeanne...Thank you. I do believe that everything happens for a reason. I just sometimes I could know the reason ahead of time. LOL Thanks for your support. I still don't know what I'm going to do if offered that job today. I want to say no. In four weeks I'll be right back where I started. *sigh* Sure wish I could go back to being a kid sometimes.
It's so good to see so many things brewing on the job front, even if it's causing a little uncertainty. Hopefully, you'll have your pick of the 2 and can take the one you want. It's not a bad idea to have a backup plan though. At least you're getting in lots of "interview practice" lol.
You and I are living in a parallel universe on the job front right now. On one hand it's so exciting. On the other hand you're ready for the decision to be made.
I try to think of it like dating so I'll have a sense of humor about it.
Hang in there, hon, it ALWAYS works out.
Care'
Post a Comment