Went to get more info today about being a substitute teacher. It's a little more complicated than I initially thought. Why am I not surprised? Anyway, I'm going to wait and in July when the new fiscal year starts I'll get a temporary teaching certificate. That way I can apply for a regular full-time teaching position anywhere in the state of Illinois. I have one year from the time I get the temporary certificate to take five semester hours of coursework related to the field of education. I already have the classes picked out at the local community college. I'm hoping to take them both in the fall, but that could depend upon where I end up finding a teaching job. I sure hope I find a district willing to take a chance on a fat teacher who hasn't been in a formal classroom for twenty years. Gosh, it's all so darn scary!
I'm pleased to report I did both workouts again this morning. This is becoming a part of my morning routine. I know that the workout with Richard sitting on the ball is working because I'm a little sore in the core muscle areas. It's been fun, though!
Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Update about teaching
Posted by Karon at 4/04/2006 11:23:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Karon....I'm sorry to hear that becoming a substitute teacher is more complicated than you thought. I'm sure you'll do fine.
You are doing awesome on the exercising lately! You have really stepped it up a notch in the movement and it's sure to show on the scale.
Hang in there Karon...something will give somewhere - things always work out.
I'm so proud of you for staying focused with your food and exercise.
I love the phrase "core muscle areas" just listen to you :-) you are becoming an exercise addict :-)
I too am sorry to hear that becoming a substitute teacher has turned out to be a bit more of a hassle than you had initially though. But remember anything of value is worth working for and I know you will make a great teacher (again).
Nan...Thanks for the kudos on the movement. I had gained a few pounds on Monday (don't know why it showed up then) but as of today I am sitting pretty at 399 so now I'm in uncharted territory!
Diane...Yep, something is going to work out. It always does. Thanks for the compliment.
Paul...Yeah, 'core muscle' is quickly coming to mean more to me than just a phrase.
I told Tim yesterday I guess I may as well just go for the whole enchilada! I still haven't eradicated all phrases involving food from my vocabularly, evidentally. LOL
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »
Post a Comment