I had to call this morning and leave a voice mail for the school that thought I was starting work today that I wouldn't be joining them after all. I hated to do it that way, but didn't know what else to do. Later I found an email address for the person I interviewed with and sent an email. I apologized for the short notice (had no home number to reach her at yesterday) and explained why I wouldn't be taking the job. I got a very snippy return email about how I could have at least let her know yesterday so she could have gotten a sub for today. Gee, I'm sorry! Guess I should have just mentally sent her my withdrawal from the position. Sheesh!
Had the granddaughter for most of the day. You know, I love her to pieces, but after about four hours I'm more than ready for her to go home! Poor baby has had it rough with being sick but she's all better now. It did tie up my day though and I'm so far behind in blog reading and commenting and feel it's only going to get worse. Please know I'm not ignoring you, at all. I'm going to be busy but I'm really going to make the effort to get to all the blogs tomorrow. Still so much to do and so little time. LOL
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Gosh
Posted by Karon at 4/25/2006 11:09:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Re: the job you had to turn down. What happens, happens. Don't worry about it you had to do what you had to do. You did your best to let them know as soon as possible and you made the right choice. Again congratulations.
Now I know you are behind, so don't feel any pressure but I didn't want you to feel left out either so I wanted to let you know that you've been tagged on my blog (see April 25 and 26 entry for details). It will only take a minute I promist - but if it's done right it can take a lifetime. Also feel free to skip it.
Right now I am so happy for you and Tim too! Again congratulations.
Paul
Woo hoo, I love being tagged! I'll be along shortly to read as your blog is at the top of my list.
Thanks for the affirmation that I did the right thing. It's been a difficult time and one I'm not unhappy to have end at all!
Off I go to catch up on blogs now.
Yep, you did the right thing. The snippy response only confirms it! Just let it roll off your back!
Care'
Karon,
Congratulations! (This is Linda, from the Losing It For Life site). I'm so happy for you. See, things work out, not always the way we plan them, but they sure do work out. Will you have some help caring for your husband? I know before you were worried about leaving him alone for an extended period of time.
Well, best of luck with the new job!
Linda
Boy oh boy can I relate. After about 4 hours I want to give my kids back too!!!! I love them to death, but really....what was I thinking?? :)
I can usually only get to posting on my blog and commenting on everyone elses's blog every 2-3 days. Sometimes (if I'm really lucky) 2 days in a row, although I do pull them up quickly and read through any new posts if I have a quick 5 mins. I guess I'm trying to say I totally understand when your not around, although I probably will go through withdrawl of some sort! :)
Wow....I apparantly have some time on my hands right now. Nothing like a good ramble on somebody else's blog! :) Take Care!
Karon it's understandable that you won't be able to blog or keep up with all the blogs when you start working. But please do keep us up to date on your weight loss progress! I am so happy for you and all that you have accomplished in your life :)
CON-GRA-TU-LATIONNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSS!!!!! Wooo hooo...good for you girl. Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Wow, this is great news. I'm smiling inside and out.
YIPPY KARON GOT HER JOB!!!! I'm so happy for you! Who cares if you had to burn a few bridges...she should have provided you with better contact info right up front! HOpe you can find a good. FREE place to stay while your house is being sold.
Care'...Thanks! I've let it go. No time left for the petty stuff.
Linda...Thanks for stopping by. I know I haven't been around much lately and I'm sorry about that but the group seems to have gone silent recently. I'm working on making sure Tim will be monitored by home health when I'm working. He doesn't generally have problems in the evening (I'll be working 2-10) so I'm not as worried as I was.
Jamie...I was reading and commenting on blogs everyday. Then I realized some of the blogs I was accessing were never updated. I've started to eliminate most of those. I guess bottom line is life is busy for all of us. I'll read and comment when I can and let the rest go.
Barbara...I plan to keep my blog up to date, for sure. I missed the last couple days due to illness. Thanks for the encouragement.
Diane...Thanks, honey! I have been praising Him since I got this job. It has definitely been a Godsend and I'm so ready to receive it. Tim has even agreed to go back to church with me, at his mom's old church, when we get moved up. Yea!
Sherri...Hopefully it won't take too long to sell our place. I'm sure we'll be renting up north for a while but I'm okay with that.
Bill...No way am I going to let this change in location and going to work detour my weight loss. I started this journey with the intent to finish and finish it I will ... with many of you right there to celebrate with me when I get there!
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! cheap overnight phentermine Carol wilson fine arts stationery Zyban withdraw jogging vs cycling
Post a Comment