I stepped on the scale this morning to find I a 2.5 lb loss. I'll take it and be happy. It could have been more but I think I know why it wasn't. For one, I shot up on Monday and spent most of the week getting back to my Sunday weight. Also, I was on the low end or under my calories most of the week, but had increased my exercise. Don't think my body was getting enough calories. Ah well ... I'll work on it this week and see what happens.
I pretty much updated yesterday on my steps for the week. Going to do my best to keep those numbers where they've been the last couple days for a while. I know that with warmer weather and being able to get outside to walk, soon I'll be increasing the numbers, but if I can just maintain at least 5000 steps per day I'll be thrilled.
Average weight loss per week is 2.145 pounds. I'm pretty happy with that overall figure. If I can hold this steady, I can be at my goal in just over 94 more weeks. Let see ... That's about 24 months which would put me at goal sometime in the spring of 2008. That's pretty much been my goal all along. I figured when I started it would take me three years to get to goal. Started in 2005 so I have to say I'm pretty much on track right now. Woo hoo for me!
Nothing much else going on here so I guess I'll keep this entry short. I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday. Remember why you started your own journey. Be proud of what you accomplish each day. Pay attention to the little things that mark your progress. And just keep on going!
Sunday, April 09, 2006
Week 62 is behind me
Posted by Karon at 4/09/2006 10:17:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Karon, this is Sock. I visited your SP web page and came to check out your blog, too. Your story is such an inspiration!!! Keep doing what you're doing, girl - you're doing the right thing and focusing on the right things. As you cheer me on, I'll be cheering you on. Go girl go!!!
hi karon!
Maryam is on my lap, so excuse the lower case letters please. congrats on your weight loss this week, that's really great. thanks for the reminder to remember why i started my journey.....comes at a good time. Take care and I'll try and be in touch more often....
Ann
Any loss is a good loss, but 2.5lbs is great! Slow and steady, it is happening and per your plan. The nice weather has me out biking, finding this much better than sitting in a room. Enjoy the walking and good luck this week!
Karon - congratulations on another 2.5 pounds gone. That's just terrific. Don't sound disappointed 2.5 is great (I don't know if you're disappointed or not but you said, "It could have been more but I think I know why it wasn't" so it seems to me like you're disappointed.) Anyway have a great week and keep up the exercise!
Way to go with 2.5. There are weeks I'd love to see that kind of loss. Keep up the great work. We all have our ups and downs, and you are so far down and that's fantastic. I know that balancing calories and exercise can be a tricky business. Sometimes just the right balance of protein, fats and carbs can throw you off. Don't beat yourself up, it's all a learning curve and sometimes you just need to mix it up a bit to keep the body guessing. Way to go!
Hi Karon....I am a little behind ing the blog world...so let me start by saying WOOO HOOO on over 10,000 aerobic steps! 102 aerobic minutes??? Holy Cow!! You go girl!!
If Tim ever happens to find a camera at a certain time when a certain wonderful lady is balancing on her fitness ball.......does he know how to upload pics on your blog???? Just kidding you :). But I have to admit, I was laughing at the picture you painted in my head!!!
2.5 pounds gone is fantastic. I am up a pound so I envy you right this minute! I am stepping up my exercise this week. Stay strong. Take Care!
Sock...Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I'm proud to have you here and at Spark cheering for me!
Ann...Just want to let you know not to worry if I don't post for a day or two. Have some stuff going on.
Barry...Thanks for the encouragement. Glad your outside and biking. I spent a good amount of time playing at the park today with my granddaughter. It was a lot of fun!
Paul...I'm not disappointed in my loss. As I said, in actuality I lost six pounds because I shot up on Monday. I'm quite pleased with where I'm at right now. Thanks for the kudos on the steps. I'm hoping to have at least 100 aerobic steps this week, too. It feels great to be able to measure the progress and I really have you to thank for that!
Valerie...You're right. It is all a learning curve. I'm finding what works today may not work next week. I just keep adjusting as needed and the weight is coming off.
Jamie...I've been falling behind in getting to blogs myself. No worries.
Thanks for the congrats. I really want to repeat it all again this week, but we'll see.
As to the photos, Tim doesn't have a clue how to upload so I'm safe. So sorry!
Have a good week, honey.
Post a Comment