You know, every day I seem to be finding things that amaze me about myself. I am amazed that over one year later, I'm still fighting the battle to get the pounds off. I surely thought I would have given up long ago, but am so thankful that I haven't. I said when I started this I was going to go all the way and I know in my heart it's true.
With the workouts today I now have 72 minutes of aerobic steps on my pedometer. That amazes me. I know a few of you can remember a few months back my lamenting that I'd never have aerobic steps. The progress amazes me!
I noticed the last couple days as I was walking with Leslie I have to walk with my hands on my hips to keep my pants up. That really amazes me! Finally, the weight loss is showing in my clothes and I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to wear the clothes that I've worn for the last five years. Woo hoo! AMAZING!
On Monday, one day after weighing in, my weight crept back up to 403. I struggled with the fact that I had undone my hard work. I don't know why I gained the weight, and does it really matter? The good news is that as of this morning, I'm back down to 399 and know that the number is going to continue going down the rest of the week. Only 19 pounds to get to the 150 pounds gone mark, and only 22 pounds to get to the point of having lost 30% of myself. Wow! I find both to be amazing. The goals are set and now all I have to do is keep heading toward each one. I know I can do that!
Wednesday, April 05, 2006
I am amazed
Posted by Karon at 4/05/2006 10:13:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
You made me laugh with the image of you walking to Leslie while hanging on to your falling down britches! Might be time to invest in one pair of pants that fit so you can exercise freely and vigorously. From here on I think you'll be changing sizes often. You are doing great and the increase in exercise you've made in the last few months is amazing!
Thanks, Nan! I do have some pants that may be smaller than the ones I've been wearing. Just have to motivate myself to get them out and try them on. Problem is some of them are "off" colors if you know what I mean. I prefer navy and black.
Hi Karon!! Way to go girl!!! You wait.....when you start wearing clothes closer to your true size people are going to start doing double takes!!!
72 minutes of aerobic steps is fantastic!!!
I find it interesting that you set only the goal number, but no date to reach it by. Is that right. i am going to have to look into doing that. Less pressure!!!
Take care
Bill...Thank you so much. What a nice thing for you to say. I'm proud of my accomplishments and happy to share my journey with all who are interested.
Jamie...Thanks! I'm sure when my clothes start to fit, it's going to make a difference in how people look at me. I'm still big, but right now I think I sometimes look big and sloppy and I hate that!
I do set goals all the time. I'm not sure which goal you're referring to that doesn't have a date. I do have a date in mind for getting to 150 pounds gone. It's over there on the left in my current progress chart. The thing is, if I don't make it, I just keep going. I have mini-goal numbers all the way to my goal weight. Can't predict the dates for most yet, but I'm pretty sure I can reach 380 by May 1st. We'll see, though.
Karon:
I am so glad that you doing good. I want to thank you here, as well, for helping me along my journey as well. I wouldn't have stayed this long on a diet with you and Teresa. I love you..
Lise
What a great post! Sometimes you just have to stop and look at how far you've come to appreciate how you are today. I got a giggle out of your pants falling down. At work the other day I had to put a binder clip on my pants to keep them up!
Keep up the awesome work!
WF,
Care'
You should be amazed, you're doing so well. You're inspiring lots of other people. WAY TO GO! Oh, and to go back to yesterday, I'm sorry that it's more complicated to get back into it than you thought it would be. It's great that you have a plan though.
Lise...Thanks for commenting so I knew you'd been here. It's nice to have you here with me as well as at Spark! Together the three of us are going to make it. Just keep going, sweetie.
Care'...Thank you. And how funny about your solution with your pants. We do what we have to do! I know this afternoon the hubby commented he can see the weight loss in my legs. Woo hoo! My legs are big and I'll never ever wear shorts, but it was nice of him to notice.
Valerie...I know I just don't want to take things for granted. While it may sound like things are easy, I know everyone here knows just how hard it all is. I'm not going to let the job thing get me down. On I trudge with that!
Sorry about the quick upsurge and glad it's back down under 300. But more importantly look at those aerobic steps!! Yes I am one of the ones that read words in your blog to the effect of, "I don't know if I will ever see aerobic steps on my pedometer." And now POW over 70 minutes of them in ONE day. Keep up the great job.
okay...found your current progress chart. So you do have dates. You are just not as manacial about posting them all the time like me!! :) Have a good night!
When my scale shows a temporary up-movement, I completely ignore it and pretend I never saw it. Especially when it could be from water retention or the humidity in the air or faeries hiding in my hair or any other mysterious reason. It just doesn't exist for me.
Paul...Actually, it's back down to under 400 but that's okay. I WISH I was under 300! The aerobic steps are pretty amazing to me. That's progress!
Jamie...Yeah, I don't bother to post the goals all the time. I know what the date is for the next one and it's the only one that I focus on. I had wanted to weigh less than 400 by March 1 but when it didn't happen, I adjusted it to April 1. Made it and now moving on.
Suzi...Too cute, faeries in your hair. I LIKE that! I didn't really freak out about it. I hate when it jumps up overnight like that and then it takes half the week to bring it back down. Still on the way down, so I'm happy.
Karon, You are doing awesome! I also struggle with those days that the scale goes up...but I try to ignore it. I love the comment about the fairies in the hair, how cute. I will think of this everytime now...Karon Keep up the good work you are amazing!
Thanks Barbara!
Post a Comment