The weather here in Illinois was absolutely fantastic today. Temp was about 77 for the majority of the day. It was so nice.
Tim and I had a wonderful day. We went to breakfast and then I got my haircut. My sister may be coming over tomorrow to help me color it. Then we visited a few cellular stores to check and compare rate plans, etc. Just wishful thinking but may be necessary if I go to Chicago to live without Tim and Mandi for a few weeks. We also had an appointment with our auto insurance agent this afternoon to make sure we're properly insured. Out to dinner with Mandi this evening. It was just a nice relaxing day.
Nothing else to report. I'm really struggling with making myself walk daily with my dvd. This week I've managed to get my butt and walk three days so far. That's not necessarily all that good, really. I've done some other things, so I've been getting some exercise, but I really need to do that walking. The sodium has been a bit high this week, too.
So on I go and we'll see what happens.
Thursday, April 20, 2006
A nice day
Posted by Karon at 4/20/2006 10:00:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Hang in there! Sometimes life gets in the way of our other plans. You have to ask yourself if you're on the path you've set for yourself most of the time. If the answer is yes, then don't beat yourself up over it.
Good luck on the job front too!
Keep going lady and know that the three days you did was an accomplishment, especially considering everything that's going on. I know this process is tiring, but maybe your walks can give you some time for yourself. Perhaps you can find a new walking venue to make things more interesting.
You're still doing great things!
Hey Lady!
It's been a crazy week for me (client in town) so I'm just getting caught back up on your week. Sounds like it's been an exciting one on several fronts - weight loss, multiple job opportunities, blood pressure, etc. Keep up the great work and the job stuff will work itself out.
Care'
I struggle with the exercise too. Lately I've been breaking it into smaller chunks to get it done. I've taken a 10 minute break at work to walk around or walked while the kids were on the playground for 10 minutes, anything to get it in. I know I would see better results if I lumped it all together but I just hate it so much and I can't wait for the time to be through. I can definitely sympathize with how you feel about doing it. I know you drink a lot of water already, but can you drink a little more to beat the sodium?
I can't wait to hear how the job interview goes Monday. It sounds like it's a good fit for you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Bill...Thanks! I am definitely finding that lack of exercise affects me in many ways. Wonder how I missed that for so long? Good thing is I know now, right?
Suzi...Boy does life ever get in the way of my plans! Thanks for the tip. I am moving along the path I want to be moving the majority of the time so I'll just keep on going.
Diane...Three days is better than none, huh? *smiles* I think I've just lost my drive a bit but it's up to me to get it back. Comments from my friends here sure do help, though.
Care'...It has definitely been a busy week. I can't wait until Monday is over. I know everything is going to be okay.
Valerie...Everything I've read says it doesn't matter if we exercise (most especially walk) in 10 minute increments or do the whole 30 as long as we do it. Some studies even suggest the three 10 minute sessions are more beneficial over the long term of a day.
I'm working on drinking more water, but also need to just really watch that darn salt. It gets me every darn time!
Keep up the good work
» » »
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »
Post a Comment