CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 28, 2006

I'm still here...

...and I'm not going anywhere! I know I dropped off the face of the earth for a couple days there. Sorry about that. I ended up catching Cecilia's flu and it knocked me for a loop. I don't generally get sick. As a matter of fact, Tim and I were trying to figure out the last time I was sick and we couldn't remember, it's been that long! And I can't imagine my poor baby granddaughter having to go through this and not understand the pain. All she knew was it hurt. Poor baby!

This strain of flu was just nasty. One day of vomiting followed by a day of the other end and then today has been stomach cramping all day long. Added to that was the darn monthly monster and well ... I'm not sad to no longer be spending as much time in the bathroom, that's for sure! The cramping is now passing and I hope to be healthy when I wake in the morning. Lord knows I have a ton of things to do yet.

As of yesterday, I was below the 390 pound mark. Praying I hold onto that until my Sunday weigh-in. That will put me within ten pounds of the 150 pounds gone mark. Woo hoo! I am rapidly approaching my "half-way to goal" milestone. I cannot believe that it's getting so close.

I'll be going up on Sunday to get ready to start my training on Monday. I'm looking forward to getting back to work more than I thought. I know in part it's because I loved working at this campus before. A lot has changed there, including almost everyone who worked there, but a lot of it will be the same, too. The excitement is still strong but I also worry. This is a lot happening very quickly. I know it's all going to be fine, though.

A few have expressed concern that this new adventure in life will detour my weight loss efforts. Please know that isn't going to happen. When I started this journey back in January of 2005, I vowed I was going all the way, and that's still my intent. I'm bringing my scale with me. I can't imagine now weighing in every day. It would drive me nuts to not be able to do that. I know I'll be doing a lot more walking with this new job and there is a flight of stairs I'm sure I'll be going up and down every day numerous times per day. I promise I'll continue to track my calories et al via my Sparkpeople site. I'll also track my exercise there as I've been doing for the last four months.

Hope all is well with everyone who reads here. Know I think of each of you, I really do, all the time. Without many of you, I know I'd not have made the progress I've made to date. Thanks for hanging in there with me and continuing to support and encourage me. Almost time for bed, but wanted to get a post in to let everyone know I'm okay and I haven't quit!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been sick... don't you just hate when you have a ton of stuff to do and you're sick?!? Hopefully you'll be feeling great again soon. You have such a great opportunity coming your way with this new job... congrats again! I look forward to hearing all about it! And keep up the fantastic work with the weight loss too... you're amazing!!! :-)

Karon said...

Thank you Nancy! I do feel almost 100% today so I'm working like a crazed woman to get things done. Laundry is going, packing hasn't been started but lists have been made. LOL I'm sure you'll hear all about the move, the transition, the job, and the weight loss as time marches on. Thanks for stopping by today!

Shirley said...

Moving is top of my list of the worst thing to do. You have my supreme sympathy there. But you do have something great to look forward to!

Karon said...

Hi Suzi! I do indeed have great things to look forward to. A job I know I'm going to enjoy, back with our best friends of all time, living in an urban area again ... all great things I am ready for.

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Levitra hard refractory Bag card leather master visa debt solutions http://www.van-floor-mats.info winsor pilates Bontril sr price free shipping