Went for my bloodwork early this morning. I am so proud of myself. Back in February when Ceci (granddaughter) was born, I made it from the parking lot to the front door of the hospital and had to sit down. Then I barely made it up to labor and delivery before thinking I was gonna collapes. Today I walked from the parking lot into the hospital, to registration, all the way to the elevators (opposite end of hospital than entrance for some odd reason) and all the way to the lab without sitting down! I also made it all the way back out to the truck with no resting. I tell you that, my friends, is progress! The doctor should have the results of those tests back by my appointment Thursday afternoon so he can decide dosage of thyroid med, etc. I have the appt for the ultrasound on my leg that morning but not sure how long it will take for him to get that report. Until then, I've been flexing when sitting and trying to move around more.
Now for the darn it! I put my pedometer in the pocket of my pants every morning. One morning I walked from my house to the truck and then was sitting in the truck for an hour and a half. The pedometer registered 250 steps during that 90 minutes. Huh? How in the heck did it measure steps while I was sitting down? ::shrugging::
I was excited about all the steps that were racking up today what with the walking at the hospital (about 30 minutes all total). I just knew today would be the day that I made it to the one mile in steps! I got home just a little bit ago and look at the pedometer and it is reading 68 steps. What? Darn it all! I am betting when I put my seatbelt on, it hit the pedometer and caused a reset. I am pretty irritated about that! Guess I won't be putting the darn thing in my pants pocket anymore. I'll either clip it on or put it in the pocket of my shirt. (I wear a lot of pocket tees.) I am disheartened but I'll just keep going. I thought maybe the data would be in the memory but NO! It shows the last seven days ... and yesterdays total is the newest one saved. ARGH!
A bit of good news ... I found out that a local cable company (well, it's actually in Champaign which is a good 30 minute drive and could be farther depending where the office is) is having a job fair on Friday evening. They are hiring customer service representatives. I applied at Cingular Wireless (my old employer) and have been given the royal run around so I figure what the heck! I have got to get to work. Money is so tight here and we are going without necessities. I'm tired of living like this for one to two weeks every month when the money runs out. I'm still scared spitless about what will happen to Tim when I find a job, but I have to get a job. That's all there is to it! I've tried to find things I could do from home but so many are a scam and many want you to have worked for them for years first. So ... I'll be going to the job fair on Friday and hoping they hire me. It isn't my dream job ... hell, I don't even know if I have a dream anymore ... but it will bring money into the house and we desperately need that right now.Wish me luck!
Onward and downward I go ...
Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Darn it!
Posted by Karon at 10/18/2005 06:14:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
wow Karon! You must feel great knowing you are getting into such better shape! Just think how much more you will be able to do as the weight continues to drop! You go, girl!
Hey there, you go getter you.
What a great feeling it must have been for you, and it comes through in your writing. Thanks for sharing.
I am guilty of just skimming the last couple of days, but this is the second time I have seen you mention the pedometer registering steps you are not taking.
I suspect that even though it is in your pocket it has some type of liquid pendulum switch which is counting steps, even though it is in your pocket there is enough movement to set the pendulum switch moving and you end up counting steps you are not taking. Pure guesswork on my part, but it might be worth looking into how it actually is counting steps, and go from there.
Anyways, those is my cheerful thoughts of the night.
A Wonderful Guy
Go Karon, GO!!!!!! That is great! You've come a long way, baby!!! That is a fantastic achievement!
As for the pedometer, that is a real bummer. I got one from Walmart, and it did the same thing - register steps even when I was siting down. Finally quit wearring the thing, but wish I had kept at it.
Hope you get a job. I definitely know where you are coming from. Really. I know there is something out there for you.
Jodi
Michelle...I do feel great knowing that I'm making progress. I can't even begin to imagine how I'm going to feel when I go lower than I am right now. I honestly don't remember being any other weight on the way up other than the 230 I was twenty years ago when I met Tim and we married. It's all going to be new territory. I do look forward to all I'm going to be able to do without discomfort, though.
Mr. Wonderful...Thanks for stopping in and letting me know you'd been by. I figured you'd been popping in and would speak up when you had something to say. I do have to say that I'm feeling pretty great! ;)
You're probably right about how the pedometer registers steps. I'm going to stop putting it in my pocket and see if that makes any difference. It just disturbs me to know steps are registering that I didn't take! You'd think I'd be happy but nooooo! :)
Thanks for the cheerful thoughts. You made me smile, as hearing from you always seems to be able to do.
Paul...At this point, I figure a job is a job so I have nothing to lose and everything to gain at the job fair. I did enjoy being a customer service rep in the past. I hated all the constant changes in the wireless business and corporate changes (trained one method and within six months the whole customer service method was revamped so more trainging, etc.) We'll see how this goes.
I think you and Mr. Wonderful are both correct. I do tend to shift positions quite a bit when driving. I'm guessing the movement of sitting up straighter and wiggling around registered steps I wasn't taking. I'll just keep an eye and change up the position of the pedometer. I'm still thankful to have it!
Hi, Jodi! A very good friend sent me this pedometer and I'm happy to have it. Even if it registers some steps I'm not taking, I figure it's better than having nothing to compare and challenge myself with.
I am hoping for a job. I'll go to the job fair and see what happens. I've been looking since April and it's getting a little critical now.
Hey Karon,
You aren't spacing out while pacing, are you? LOL What a mystery! Maybe it's all the boogying you're doing while sitting in the truck! Do you have one of those Flintstones vehicles??? ROFL. Okay, okay...I'm getting a grip now.
I'm expecting a good report on your leg, so we'll just wait to hear it :o).
God willing you'll have a job soon, or He'll find some other way to bless you. Either way I'd count on His promise to provide for all your needs. I'm praying you'll have lots of favor and an answer for all your practical needs. Hang in there.
Blessings,
Diane
Hey Karon,
I am so prud of you!! You have came a long ways since we first met.
Hope things go well with the job fair, sending you good vibes. I found my pedometer finally. I also have started walking. We had a great weekend, I forgot to post about it, will do that tomorrow.
Hugs to you!
Thanks, Rhonda! I do admit quite a bit has changed in the few months we've known each other. And it will just keep getting better! I look forward to reading about your time in TN. Hugs right back, sweetie!
Keep up the good work Virizon wireless plans free nights and weekends Pc graphic card component out power washers Cctv surveillance camera diamond Hummer h2 rancho 6 inch suspension lift kit dodge stealth Newco license wireless thin client nec patents market celebrex provider dsl Tablet topamax 1979 pontiac trans am owners manual Accutane pay by switch Mazda mini disc How can i shop for tadalafil http://www.divorce-advice-9.info
Post a Comment